Poker books

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recommendations for poker general knowledge books

I've read a lot of strategy books for poker - and each one continues to teach me something new about the game, so I'd recommend any poker player serious about their game always has at least one poker strategy book on the go at a time.

However, sometimes you want to read about poker but don't necessarily want to be focusing a huge amount, studying, and learning. So, does anybody know of any poker general knowledge books? Maybe even some fiction books based heavily around the ideas of poker - such as Alligator Blood.

C

CB33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I highly recommend “The mental game of poker” if you haven’t read it yet. I keep going back to this book over the years, great read. It is quite interesting and will up your game without focusing on studying.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello you think that poker books can help you play better poker. Some say it is a waste of time and practice learns best and it is only necessary to read an article on the Internet. What do you think about that?:)

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always used to prefer to watch coaching videos over books it depends which you find more beneficial for learning.It's probably best to incorporate many different ways of learning including videoes books and self analysis.

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself know how to play poker well, daily practice speaks for itself. If the books help, then this is also good, can buy for the sake of interest.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Reading books is helpful, but poker is changing fast. I think it's better to watch the video.

C

ceco99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every hand revealed - Gus Hansen

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Due to the dynamics of the game and the constant changes, I prefer other methods, teams, videos, coachings, but knowledge is never too much, do not dispense a good book.

C

capt red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

found a couple that have helped me alot. mental game of poker and poker math.i find it helpfull to see it in black and white sometimes.

TommyT

TommyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best book?

For a very basic beginner and avid book listener (audible) what would you say the best book(s) are to learn from?

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best book?

I also enjoy audiobooks but I have to caution against them for poker books—there’s so much special formatting/table setups in poker that it can be a difficult medium for conveying information, such as in the Harrington on Hold ‘Em series in which almost every section begins with a hand retelling featuring a poker table diagram.

That being said, there are a tremendous number of excellent poker books out there so you’re in luck! [emoji4] I’d recommend reading the articles here on CardsChat and the forums to first decide if you’d like to focus on cash or tournaments and then choosing a first book. For me the first books I read was the bestselling Harrington on Hold ‘Em series I already mentioned—and I learned a great deal from those books alone! He also has a series on cash games which I enjoyed too if you decide to go that route—if I sound biased it’s because I personally happen to prefer tournaments and always have haha.

Best of luck with getting started in poker and congrats on picking a great way to learn about the game! [emoji4]

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Katie, because graphics are pretty important for poker training books it's better to get the paperback/e-book form that to go with adueio books.

Here's a list of my favorites:

And as Katie said, you can learn a ton from the articles here as well. Dig in!

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ditto to the above posts. One book I strongly recommend is the "Mathematics of Poker" by Chen. This will be work but stick to it and you will be a better player because of it.:five:

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crushing the Microstakes by Blackrain79

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that books are not relevant now. Watch streams and educational videos

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best book

I guess my best book I have is about haunting in Indiana. The Auto books to listen to i might end up falling asleep other wise I don't read a whole lot.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a readaholic but I like to have the book in my hands, I have never tried audio books, have never read a poker book, read one golf book only because was my favorite player John Daley who wrote and it was a fun read, I tend to read murder stuff with a twist, I have some I have to wait for them to write another but a favorite I guess Help sticks out in my mind it was her first book and was also a movie which pretty much followed the book, it makes you cry and laugh, you always need humour in life I find to get through it.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm reading "Power Hold'em Strategy" by Daniel Negreanu and I find it very interesting and instructive. You can find it on the internet easily, or send me a pm and I'll give it to you

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Books are needed to bring the theoretical basis for your practical skills. But many players do without books.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm reading a book now «The Poker Mindset: Essential Attitudes for Poker Success»

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello you think that poker books can help you play better poker. Some say it is a waste of time and practice learns best and it is only necessary to read an article on the Internet. What do you think about that?:)
The books contain the knowledge and experience of professionals on various poker strategies. The books, unlike articles on the Internet, describe the nuances of strategy, secrets from professionals of any poker direction. You need to read books to gain more skill, try new techniques and successfully use them to win at the table.

"Theory without practice is dead,practice without theory is blind"

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Theory without practice is dead. And practice without theory as well. It's obvious. The principle of the "Golden section" must be observed in everything and success will become inevitable.

F

Frankie Potts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any books about poker to read

Advise some useful books about poker.