Poker beginnings

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think is better to start, Cash games or MTTs?

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is a definite right or wrong answer here, but I would say cash games. Mostly because you don't have the time aspect involved, so you're not getting blinded away. That way you can focus purely on choosing what to play, vs. feeling, and being, forced to make a move.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on you. IT is different for everybody. I prefer MTTs as they are more dynamic and you don't risk too much money (only your buyin is in danger). You can also win much more than your buyin if you run deep in MTT. Of course there is always risk to also play for several hours and bust before bubble with nothing won.

J

jmg199

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish there was a freeroll version of cash games to practice in.
For sure a different environment.

I've spent the past several months getting better and better at tournaments playing hours of freeroll everyday while my cash game skills seem to be deteriorating somehow.
Gotten to where it's more profitable to not even throw any more of my winnings in over there.

So kind of a dilemma for me. I want the cash game life. The hours are so much more flexible and the variance can be controlled a bit more.

But if this trajectory continues I may just have to embrace buying into tournaments. I'm just way better at them at the moment.

M

MyPokerCoaching

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you need. I think starting with cash games is better in most cases because you learn solid strategy fundamentals since you have to play deeper stacks, and then it is much easier to transition to MTTs than vise versus :)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start with the right bankroll management, no matter what type of game you choose, so that short-term results do not ruin your bankroll.

In cash games, the start is quieter, but games are more expensive, because for every mistake you pay real dollars.

In tournaments it is harder to earn if a lot of players, but you can break a large kushtza once, but you will have to sit for a decent amount of time.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must first try to play both. Then decide for yourself what suits you best.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
For me definetely no to MTTs when you begin . Better play some other games where you are better , cash games ot sngs , after you have been improved significally , go and play MTTs . Also tournaments demand very large bankroll to dedicate for this purpose , a lot more risk .

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MTT, you have a buy in and unless you re buy that is all you will loose, good place to practice without looking everything. Cash games are for deep pockets or experienced players.

Benkisto_BR

Benkisto_BR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT's are better to start. In Ring games the pace is different. You will lose less this way.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think MTT's are a great place to start. You can play in private freerolls to help build up your bankroll and start with micro tournaments or sng's.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think is better to start, Cash games or MTTs?
I think cache. According to the regulations of this poker discipline, a player is not limited in the time he spends in the game. You can sit at the table at any convenient time, and accordingly leave it.
cash game offers the poker player to choose the place where to sit.

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neither!! The best is sit and gos!! The pros indicate to me and I never change!!

fhruhrhit

fhruhrhit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HU is the best game for beginners.
It takes 5 to 15 minutes to win the game, and it's fun to be able to easily go all-in.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
It all depends on why, as I tell you, the two modalities are very different with respect to the strategies of the players. It is recommended that you define yourself to dedicate yourself to playing winches or the other modality, if I can advise you.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CASH GAME!

If there are funds invested in a cash game sufficiently, it's better to begin from cash game.

MTT is because there is a sweet face until It enter a bubble, and You fall into the bad habit in the mean time.