Poker Basics

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does a beginning player need to understand to try to evolve in poker?

There are medium "strategies" that in fact, if you follow consistently, will get you to reach ITM. You need to understand that even the best poker players in the world also lose, the more they have acquired individual wisdom, each one has developed their own skills to become champion. We must respect the variance in poker, you do not want to be lamenting for a bad move. Either you have enough equity to pay off your opponent's bet or fold without a second. The beginner must eliminate the bluff of your game, you have to wait for good hands, to play aggressively, or you must pay little to see the flop and try to hit something, to be able to bet and try to win some stack. Follow the advice of the good guys, study and improve your game.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to read the opinions of the forum friends. What do you think a beginning player should not do, so he can improve his game?

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) positions
2) range of oppening hands in positions
3) evaluation of board
4) c-bet reasons
5) meaning of values in bet (yours & opps) - how you and your opps represents own hands

there are many other things to find out, but that's very important for a "new" user

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does a beginning player need to understand to try to evolve in poker?

There are medium "strategies" that in fact, if you follow consistently, will get you to reach ITM. You need to understand that even the best poker players in the world also lose, the more they have acquired individual wisdom, each one has developed their own skills to become champion. We must respect the variance in poker, you do not want to be lamenting for a bad move. Either you have enough equity to pay off your opponent's bet or fold without a second. The beginner must eliminate the bluff of your game, you have to wait for good hands, to play aggressively, or you must pay little to see the flop and try to hit something, to be able to bet and try to win some stack. Follow the advice of the good guys, study and improve your game.

I think the beginner should know that he is a beginner.
may seem obvious, but it really is not.
Example; a player can learn the rules of poker without ever having read anything, because the more he plays, but the situations will repeat themselves, so he will learn in time.
So I believe that with the passage of time, anyone can become a champion but as we know most people do not have pasciencia and soon gives up frustrated.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In addition to what our friends are telling you I would like to add as necessary that you need to think long before each move and try for the player in a range of hands.

Each game moment and stack size will have different ways of playing, if you are in early positions you can not limp with premium hand because anyone can pay with a speculative hand and can beat you, and with each card that appears at your play should be rethought and re-evaluated.

Thus any beginning player will be advised to play by observing some details such as:

1- position
2- stack
3- if you have limpers in your hand or if someone has raised
4- and what size of bet is appropriate to make
5- the moment of the tournament, because the strategy changes as time passes

After this first information we have to think about why each one, so we will acquire more advanced knowledge and we will be able to learn other techniques of the game.

After understanding about these subject the player should start to hold on some details a bit further as:

1- How to play drawns
2- pot odds
3- semibluff
4- range of 3bet and 3bet call

As a subsequent learning I can add that it is necessary to start thinking about bluffs and some pitfalls, for example:

1- board texture
2- check / raise
3- floating
4- traps
5- 3betlight
6- balance bets on the river and make it difficult to read between value and bluff

This is just a basic of what I thought at the moment, it may be necessary to add some things or maybe take some that are not so useful, but I believe that any beginner who starts to study these topics will have great chances of being ahead of the other beginners .

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes position is extremely important. Also observe villain tendencies.

Another important lesson i have learned is that it is ok to call if you have medium strength hands. Not always of course, but against aggro villains.

T

theomarch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to read the opinions of the forum friends. What do you think a beginning player should not do, so he can improve his game?

1) Learn how to distribute your bankroll efficiently
2) Use statistical tables to supplement your play
3) Always use ranges to make an educated guess on what your opponent has
4) Don't become emotional in play
5) Mostly, take each hand independent of one another e.g he/she had bullets last time so respectively they must have a bad hand this time

Hope this helps! :)