point of min reraise

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
could someone plz explain me point of min reraising, coz i truly don't get it. Players do it all the time, but they don't have any fold equity and they not really building the pot...

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trap or get information

It depends on a few factors that you can analyze in each match:
- Some do this for the purpose of taking an ALL IN;
- Depending on the position, they just want to test the level of the villain's hand;
In my humble view, the main reasons are these; use as a trap and get information.
It's not exactly a re-review, but I'll give you an example that happened on the Cardschat Freeroll:
I from BB took a min raise with blinds of 15/30, I was holding a pair of 5s and called All In, you know what the villain's hand is? "AA" was eliminated at the beginning of the tournament. Trap!
But of course, recreational players still use it just because of the ease of pushing the button.

Good luck!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also like min raise at the start of the game because it allows me to play more spots and fold my hand more easily if a player raises me. it also allows me to get information about the strength of my opponent's hand. at the end of the game, when the blinds increase. this option can allow you to steal the bilnds at a lower cost especially when you are in position.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also like min raise at the start of the game because it allows me to play more spots and fold my hand more easily if a player raises me. it also allows me to get information about the strength of my opponent's hand. at the end of the game, when the blinds increase. this option can allow you to steal the bilnds at a lower cost especially when you are in position.
Thanks for your thoughts, but im not talking about min raising, i'm talking about min reraising (i mean: i raise 2x, 2,5x and im being reraised by minimum amount of chips possible)

W

wyladar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience I mostly min re-raise to gather information, but will occasionally do so in order to throw a player off-kilter when I'm the chip lead. When bets are harder to decipher your opponent is put in a more uncomfortable place. A lot of this would depend upon positioning though.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
could someone plz explain me point of min reraising, coz i truly don't get it. Players do it all the time, but they don't have any fold equity and they not really building the pot...

Thank U 4 posting

Min 3bet is an effective tool used by strong players

However weak players see a strong player do it and they do it without knowing why they are

So what you are seeing is the misuse of a strategy by your player pool. This is why we take notes to know what our player pool is doing wrong and how to use it against them

Hope this helps

:)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I see a lot of players do it, out of pure laziness. It's often referred to as being "clicked back".

The only good spot I can think of is when you're super strong and are looking to build the pot to a point where you can get it all in on the river without making a large over bet.

F

FergusDec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this sometimes (maybe because I'm a bad player), primarily for variance and also to test someone's hand strength. As mentioned, I do this often early in tournaments, but once the blinds get high, it becomes a bad play.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank U 4 posting

Min 3bet is an effective tool used by strong players

However weak players see a strong player do it and they do it without knowing why they are

So what you are seeing is the misuse of a strategy by your player pool. This is why we take notes to know what our player pool is doing wrong and how to use it against them

Hope this helps

:)
Thanks for reply,
In my case it really feels like most of plrs are using it without any plan what to do next.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you can use a min raise to induce a 3Bet.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't use min reraising. But I can say that the players adjust your bet and check the severity of your hand. They don't think your bid is high enough in the current situation.