Pocket JJ pre flop

K

Kezza2809

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys just wanting advice on best way to play pocket JJ i find myself alway shoving as can’t figure best way to get value with them .

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello and welcome to CardsChat !! This week I have taken a lot of value from my JJ, even poker managed to form haha. I consider that the best way to play this hand is like any other medium low pair, type: 66,77 and 88. The idea would be that you do not commit too much with your JJs, if the flop accompanies your hand you could get a great value since Often they will be paying you lower pairs and projects. But always be careful, because it can transform you into a weak hand. good luck!!

K

Kezza2809

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always seem to run into trouble with some one calling with rubbish I tried to raise 3 bb a few times and get the odd limper but always hit trouble on the flop . Have to admit I really dislike JJ

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The key to playing JJ pre-flop is the number of opponents.

You want to either limit the number of opponents to 1 or 2 (preferably heads up) and play aggressively, or be up against 7 to 8 players where you could limp in with proper pot odds in hopes of flopping a set.

The absolutely worst is being up against 3 to 5 players.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best game I think is if you play aggressively preflop. If you encounter resistance, call, reraise or fold depending on your opponent. On the flop, I think that's the case, especially if there's an Ace, King, or Queen on the board.
But I don’t really like this card because it often beats Ace small.
So aggressive play with it, if there is resistance then it is already situation dependent on how to proceed with J,J .
Good luck!

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi 👋, I can’t help much here because I started playing a year ago. But with JJ I would go all in. If the bank is big, then I will take everything :)

O

Oakleydc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is a case to be studied, it is one of the most risky pairs, so be very careful with this pair. You have to improve to know how to play with him.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys just wanting advice on best way to play pocket JJ i find myself alway shoving as can’t figure best way to get value with them .
Howdy friend :O) I think it is best to put a reasonable bet out there and when the flop hits decide then. I only push all in on AA. Good luck out there and keep grinding

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you could try just raising/3betting or flatting in position.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that is complex question, however it depends on position and other players

F

FergusDec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, playing low stakes and SNG I like to slow play them and treat them like mid pairs. So hard as you are generally getting lots of calls regardless at those stakes.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to lump 8s through JJ and play them depending on board texture and opponents. I don't think they play particularly well against multiple players.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is one of my favorite hands, and I usually play it pretty strongly..

S

STINKDADINK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 95% SNG. I play JJ for the first 3 stages aggressively 5x BB as the blinds are low. if you get called and A K Q do come on the flop I then play with caution. If they hit trips with a lower pair then that's just unlucky. When I get to mid to late stages I play 3x to 3.5x the BB. Don't be scared to play them aggressively especially in late position. This is how I play it anyway any I cash more than I get knocked out so works ok for me.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is a good hand. You choose the size of the preflop raise. If high cards appear on the flop, you need to be extremely careful.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah for me you have to play it like a little pair. (88 or 99) never go all in with more than 1 opponent with jj.... too risky, or trust your feelings.

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
JJ and QQ hands

I play by making a raise so that there will be fewer people in the hand, and if people call this raise, I already put them in a more select range, with pocket pairs, connected cards and hands with A and K (except for maniacs in larger buys that you should have information).

That way, you have to decide which flop comes in the hand and decide, together with the profile of the remaining players, whether it is c-bet or fold if there are tighter players raising.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play JJ as a low pair in the beggining of the tournament and them make raises and 3-bets in the final stages.

B

bloody3d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best thing to do is All-In Pre-flop. Of course, it also depends on the condition of the rest of the players and your position

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ

Completely, It depends on the situation of the place.

A double rise triple rise does all in, and it's also often.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to be more aggressive on the preflop, put 3 bet to very narrow the range of your opponents ' call and continue to act on the structure of the flop and think more about whether your opponent's hand has strengthened. We play carefully if there is an overcard on the Board.:)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
The option with a pair of JJ on hand is an occasion to be careful when drawing. According to my observations, very often, your opponent hides higher pairs at the table. You need to catch a set to be more or less calm:)

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hole cards pair of hooks

Hole cards pair of hooks I sit on and wait for the flop, if I catch then bet without scaring everyone out of the pot. Even with pocket A, K, or Queens I am always careful, I know you have the power hand going in but it never works for me that way. Someone else always gets lucky on the turn or river. Hope that helped just my perspective. Capo1014

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play from the size of the stack, 20bb or less is always the only open raise. From 50bb and less call, 80bb or more raise.

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I just want to consult on the best way to play pocket DJs. I always feel pushing because I can't think of a better way to get value with them.

Not only you have such a problem. I often lose with them. For example, I played in a tournament yesterday. I have a 10bb stack, and an opponent has 20bb. I have jj and he has A4o. I'm going to all in. He calls. And Aсе immediately flopped. I didn’t even catch the set. With such cards it’s better not to go all in. You need to at least see the flop