Pocket of Aces Bad Luck

lilunicorn

lilunicorn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I loose almost every time with this hand, I've been told to bet high or go all in. :confused:What is your strategy when getting AA?

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I loose almost every time with this hand, I've been told to bet high or go all in. :confused:What is your strategy when getting AA?

Hi!

unfortunately, pocket AA can't always win, especially if there are more than two players in the hand.
I understand that it is very difficult to stay all in with such a hand, but try 5-6 bb first, it will scare off many opponents, and then watch the Board and the actions of the opponent.
either let it go according to the standard, push and hope that this time you will be lucky.
good luck at the tables!:)

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sometimes you don't. It is best to go Allin from the preflop, because if there are a lot of players on the flop, there is a high probability that they will get two pairs, a set, a straight, and other strong hands.

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mathematically you're way ahead than the rest, but we all know how evil this game is (especially juicy online poker).The big question would be: do you want to squeeze and snag everyone's money? that comes with a risk. (I'd say 2-3bb)
If not you could scare them all (4bb min.), then depending on how many of them are left, your chances should rise more than they were before.
Although your position and your play type on that table up to that point should condition everyone else's decisions on that play.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't lose too often with this hand! It's just selective memory or a very small distance!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like early with 100 or 150 bb on a tournament to shove with Aces oop , let's say UTG or UTG+1 , or at least bet a very big amount of blinds , showing everybody that I have AA or KK , I don't care that they will know , I care that I will avoid the situation to have 5 or 6 callers and a wet flop and useless Aces postflop , better take the 45 chips ang go to the next hand , lol .

Sometimes early , so early in a tourney , I might limp , waiting for someone to bet after me , then either I will 3bet very large or shove instantly . I lke the sneaky way to playAA or KK , or else you have problems with them , especially with KK on the flop , these Arag are killers , lol :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not exagerating then you need to pay attention to exactly:

how many chips you have in your stack
how many chips the villain(s) have in their stack
how much you bet - or did you call somebody else's bet?
how many players at the table
your position at the table with respect to the button in that hand

Then members on this site can help you identify if you are making any mistakes that are screwing up your AA hand. And - how to fix those mistakes.

Or if it is just bad luck.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on the level of game, at the start is more possible to win with AA , but in the middle I am not sure.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey! If you mostly lose with pocket aces there's something wrong with your strategy indeed. When you have this premium hand you want not only to maximise the pot but your chances of winning aswell. If you're the first to act raise the hand (I suggest 2bb so you mix strong hands and medium, if you always raise your pocket aces more and only this hand people will fold a lot and you won't get maximum value), if you are facing a raise from someone from early position or it's a multiway pot definetly reraise it, since you will probably get action and finally if you're facing only one raise and you're the last to act you may want to mix some calls and raises. If you think you get outplayed a lot when the cards are shown you can always opt for all in pre flop and try to take the money there. The problem with that is that you will get very little money from that and it's not the most profitable play in long term (unless you have a small stack and you'd go all in with other weaker hands aswell). If you're still not confident just raise everytime you can, but if there are a lot of people you might want to raise big or even go all in.