Pocket Aces

M

MrKovalini

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, guys! What about pocket AA! Such a dreamed and hard card. There is nearly 50% to win with it against 3 players!!! And how many ways to play with it! How do you think wich one is the most profitable?? Limp or push? yeah, of course there are a row of factors such as- position, cash/tournaments/ ur opponent behavior e.c.
But I had lots situation when I folded trips of Aces and other good combinations. And I `m in search of right strategy how to play this wonderful hand:confused:

Last edited:
rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't limp your aces. It takes control of the hand away from you. You'll end up most of the time either in a multi-way unraised pot with a bunch of hands that you have no information about, or making your hand painfully obvious if someone sets you up to 3-bet them. As soon as you make that type of play, everyone knows you have a monster and you give your opponent an easy fold without losing much, or the chance to play with an accurate guess at your range. The trap definitely works sometimes on more gullible players, but in the long run you'll make more by just playing aggressively and trying to get heads-up pots.

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing hand

Is the best possible hand in poker it is a good idea always want to go all in pre-flop but it also depends on how other players on the table play and their stacks maybe some times is good just make a little raise and then push on the flop, turn or river or maybe you just wanna fold when you see the flop.

I guess it is a easy hand you can go all in pre-flop and if you wanna play you most of the times know if you wanna bet on the flop or just fold.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You generally NEVER want to limp with any hand no matter what, just raise or if really short go all in, generally u would want to 3bet 4bet 5bet get it in but if ur playing against super aggro player u can flat and play the hand as a trap, but be careful with doing that as u might not get as much value or might lose due to letting more players in the hand :)

MagicDick

MagicDick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think anyone ever looks back and says I should have bet less with AA. For the most part you are only playing the hand wrong if you let someone get there by not betting enough. If they commit the chips and still get there that is just luck. Push hard.

J

JimmT7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket AA is like the devil to me. I usually 4B. See where I am at position and player reaction on flop. I am at 80% lose with them. If I shove allin seems some one always calls will low pocket and trips or worse a str with a 23 call. Its funny when I have AA I always call my wife over and say watch this crap lol. Bovada was notorious for these hands if you had a pocket you can bet 2-3 others did too.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on your stack size you should either jam if you're less then 20-25 BB or 3-4x the BB if you're comfortable with your chip count. Slow playing can lead to worse hands getting in better and then you try to win anyhow and you blow your chips on a hand you want to fold but can't.

AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the size of the stack if the stack is a little shove, if the stack is a large four to six BB

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to get it in pre...induce shoves or make them yourself if 3 bet. Because your equity is only going lower.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say 4BB and then if the flop is uncoordinated go all in

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I have AA, I am never going to limp. Heck I would raise preflop, post flop, turn and river. I don't let anyone see a free card when holding pocket rockets.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On preflop this is the best hand, but I wouldn't like to play against 2-3 opponents. I'd like to play against 1 opponents, after all, then we have near 80% equity. I will bet on preflop and ready to play Allin. On Postflop I will play aggressive, but it all depends on the structure of the board

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can't play it right with that hand. there are many factors to consider. position ,types of players, whether they are currently tilted, and much more.

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have AA, I am never going to limp. Heck I would raise preflop, post flop, turn and river. I don't let anyone see a free card when holding pocket rockets.

I also do this so many times. That's the reason why I am still a beginner player. As it get spicier than india's curry to fold it when it comes to river even when we only has 1 high pair.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AA is very dificult i go limp, only if have a lag in action on my table..lol today i lost 2 all ins preflop with aces.. vs AJ to straight and vs 99 to set.. today was not a good day for my aces..!![emoji24] But tomorrow is another day!![emoji41][emoji123]

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AA Pocket I always have in mind to double my Stack or get the most chips. Obviously everything depends on the type of table, type of opponents and the blessed Flop mainly.

T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You MUST bet/raise with AA, but not harder than with any other hand you want to bet/raise. Just adapt accordingly, sure sometimes the flop-turn will be awful and youll have to fold, but thats a weird scenario, most of the time you isolate with the one chaser and profit.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever youu do with AA... don't limp!

Why let someone else flop top 2 pair for 1 BB with a hand he would have folded against any raise? Limping literally garantees you get beaten, because against 3or 4 opponents a pair of aces usually isn't the best hand anymore.

Do not give other players a chance to crack your aces by offering them the pot odds they need to play their mediocre hands!

F

fmrocchetti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, I think it's one of the best possible hands, but personally I prefer AK of the same color.:):D

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i haven't won a big pot in a while with AA or KK. lost some big stacks though. the table can be loose and i get delt AA and all the action stops. it's bound to change soon i guess. but yeah, i never limp with them...never that.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, guys! What about pocket AA! Such a dreamed and hard card. There is nearly 50% to win with it against 3 players!!! And how many ways to play with it! How do you think wich one is the most profitable?? Limp or push? yeah, of course there are a row of factors such as- position, cash/tournaments/ ur opponent behavior e.c.
But I had lots situation when I folded trips of Aces and other good combinations. And I `m in search of right strategy how to play this wonderful hand:confused:
I in particular with AA go all in, when I haven't done it I lose them

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limp isnt good option for aces, but it may depend, you can probably limp trap playing in small blind position against big bling who is short stacked because when you push first most of the time he will fold but by limping there will be a very wide range for him to push.

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always need to play aggressively and not limp. And you will be happy with aces.