Pocket aces

R

robert31542

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there, just wondering if it's just me or if it happens to everyone. It seems like pocket aces arent that much better than pocket deuces. Seems like every time I'm dealt pocket aces I get out drawn 60% of the time at online poker sites. Anyone else have this problem?

I

IAMMEUR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll bet you get drawn out on pocket deuces at a rate above 90%. So I'll say it's just you. If your talking about pre flop all in shove situations then they'll likely hold at 80% and that's counting the folds to your a shove. So track 100 pocket aces and see what it really is.

Zjohnson13

Zjohnson13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there, just wondering if it's just me or if it happens to everyone. It seems like pocket aces arent that much better than pocket deuces. Seems like every time I'm dealt pocket aces I get out drawn 60% of the time at online poker sites. Anyone else have this problem?

Aces should win 80% of the time in heads up play. I find online this is about what I win. In multiway pots, however, I lose very frequently because i'm often out drawn.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing you need to remember is that after the flop, if you miss the Ace, you're pocket aces are only as good as top pair. For instance, if you are in a multi-way pot where everyone has missed the flop, you still, at best, looking at a coinflip. So, getting outdrawn 60% of the time is simply bad variance, not the online sites trying to cheat you.

Poker Odds Calculator from CardsChat.com
Texas Holdem: 100,000 sampled boards containing :5c4: :8d4: :jh4:
Player 1 ( :as4: :ac4: ): 51.58% lose 48.42% tie 0% EV 0.52
Player 2 ( :2d4: :2c4: ): 7.01% lose 92.99% tie 0% EV 0.07
Player 3 ( :qc4: :kc4: ): 7.33% lose 92.67% tie 0% EV 0.07
Player 4 ( :6d4: :7c4: ): 34.07% lose 65.93% tie 0% EV 0.34

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not agree with you. Without a doubt, pocket aces is the best possible pair. Perhaps you just have not been lucky, but sometimes this happens. Understanding comes with experience.

scolopin77

scolopin77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is luck

Remember that aces can connect wuth lower straight and higher straight. You just got unlucky.

Myself i got KK 29 times since i started playing poker and 24 times there was an ace on the flop. And i got a playing buddy that was the other way around:jd4:;):jd4:

D

Dsqtq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is called bad beat or coolerIt is not for all the time and I promise you will win with AA mostly

M

Mustafajones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly do not give pocket aces any more weight than other pocket pairs. This is mainly due to the fact that I have lost just as much pre/post flop with them as any other pair.

The thing I try to remember most is that people are crazy and will shove or call with anything online so keep that mind when deciding what strategy to employ with your pocket aces.

good luck!

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces are a hand strong enough for Omaha. Get it in pre flop. Induce bait an all in because your getting more chips in the pot post flop becomes more difficult and your hand loses equity post flop. The hand is suppose to be played pre flop!!!!

S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hands are in your sample?
If it's less than 100k, it's just variance. If you're not using a tracker and are just guessing then you're probably wrong! Nothing personal, brains are just a bit crap.