Pocket Aces

A

Archie Dos Santos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!
Just a few tips on playing these cards for this scenario. Say there are 9 players. You are on the button and pre-flop have 2 hole cards which a pocket Aces. I believe the odds of this is 110 to 1. The blinds put in their mandatory bets followed by the next players but the hijack goes all-in! What should I do? Thanks, Archie

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id just call to entice someone going over the top...

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would possibly just call as well - also odds of pocket aces is 220 to 1, odds of pocket aces or kings is 110 to 1.

FroZeeN89

FroZeeN89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mano, folding pair of Pre flop, never ok! :eek::D

JulioJones

JulioJones

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA deserves a good raise. You have to get the pretenders out early because those are the ones who will hit post flop.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would re raise with Pocket Aces to get the pot one on one to give my Aces the best chance of winning.:icon_joke

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have AA and someone goes all-in before you that's good new to you and if another player calls go all-in to try to get him to fold that way you have more odds in winning.

T

tb87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without more context its not possible to answer this questions. Is it in a tournament? What is avg bb stack at the table ? How far in the tournament are you? Is this cash game? Need a lot more data to give a correct answer.

J

JordieChloe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he has me covered, I go allin. If I have him covered, I raise.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi!
Just a few tips on playing these cards for this scenario. Say there are 9 players. You are on the button and pre-flop have 2 hole cards which a pocket Aces. I believe the odds of this is 110 to 1. The blinds put in their mandatory bets followed by the next players but the hijack goes all-in! What should I do? Thanks, Archie

We are missing a lot of information here......... is this a tournament or a cash game... what is the effective stack? and what is your stack? What is top stack? you say bets followed by the next players.. did they make an action? open the pot? they all folded? they all open limped? hijack goes all in.... again was hijack the effective stack? and how much was it? Also if this is a tournament I'd like to know what part of the tournament.. how many left until min. cash... are we already ITM is it early.. curious for ICM. Once I get this information I can begin to give you advice on how to play the hand.

vladloza

vladloza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally am always for a raise with AA, because we perform two tasks, reduce the number of opponents and leave in the game only rivals with a stronger range, which we can play on the stack preflop or postflop.

U

UDN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call and further this a coin. In most cases you will win =) (at least it should be)

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like others have said, I would need more information to properly answer. Most situations I coming over the top if I can.

B

badameli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We are missing a lot of information here......... is this a tournament or a cash game... what is the effective stack? and what is your stack? What is top stack? you say bets followed by the next players.. did they make an action? open the pot? they all folded? they all open limped? hijack goes all in.... again was hijack the effective stack? and how much was it? Also if this is a tournament I'd like to know what part of the tournament.. how many left until min. cash... are we already ITM is it early.. curious for ICM. Once I get this information I can begin to give you advice on how to play the hand.

I wouldn't fold my AA no matter what pre flop. HOWEVER, I may make a raise to create a side pot against a calling BB/SB. Say hijack goes all in and only has 5-6BB. I min raise if SB/BB have a little more than hijack. I'm assuming I have the biggest stack.

If the BB has the biggest stack I still like making a side pot, but might make it a bit of a bigger bet.

If SB is pot committed and it makes it look like BB can push over top I flat call, hope that BB tries to push me out and ride a hand like 78s or KTs against 2 small bets all in. Then I call and try to win a heads up pot against the biggest stack and maybe pick off the 2 smaller ones.

Basically try to make the side pot as big as possible pre flop and against a hand you are most likely to win against. You have to have enough of a stack to push off your remaining opponents compared to the main stack.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, what else do you do! Of course go all in! After all, Aces are the strongest pocket pair! On any card there will always be fools who pakolliset... Can I use AA preflop - this is the height of idiocy )))

B

badameli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
of course you can go all in with AA preflop. but if you want to maximize your return with the hand then there are other options. AA all in over top to protect is basic play.

I was referring to specific scenarios where you may want to adjust your play because you can win more by goading someone else into trying to make a play that they don't have the odds to make.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in those situations I get more or less half of my chips and if someone goes up more I go all in:wink:

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think going all in here would be the call for me. Two things happened last night that would've worked.
Utg+1 just reraises 2Bb with pocket aces, I call with Jq suited, I flip two pair before he shoves, I call and end up with a full house....I probably would've folded against a higher raise or all in call. I also lost trip K to trip A, never saw it going cause some position with same bet on pocket aces. Either way I would've chased the all in and he would've still won.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
can play call or raise in this type of situation

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't fold my AA no matter what pre flop. HOWEVER, I may make a raise to create a side pot against a calling BB/SB. Say hijack goes all in and only has 5-6BB. I min raise if SB/BB have a little more than hijack. I'm assuming I have the biggest stack.

If the BB has the biggest stack I still like making a side pot, but might make it a bit of a bigger bet.

If SB is pot committed and it makes it look like BB can push over top I flat call, hope that BB tries to push me out and ride a hand like 78s or KTs against 2 small bets all in. Then I call and try to win a heads up pot against the biggest stack and maybe pick off the 2 smaller ones.

Basically try to make the side pot as big as possible pre flop and against a hand you are most likely to win against. You have to have enough of a stack to push off your remaining opponents compared to the main stack.

Ok.....