• Thread starter SeriousBizzness
  • Start date
S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it wise to go all in with pocket aces every time?

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually you should be willing to go all-in with aces. That's not to say you should just shove all-in with any stack size, but being willing to 3bet/4bet preflop everytime.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say "all in every time" so to speak, but I would consistently be raising... 3bet/4bet even 5 bet if you have the chip stack to do it....

Over betting the pot give away your hand, and will cause good players to just fold unless they are also holding a monster. By building the pot, or getting a called you are still disguising your hand. So later then you wanna 3bet/4bet bluff with let say ATs you can....

at the end of the day you want to get as much money in the pot as possible by isolating down to 1 player.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the correct is to maximize the gains, if you know that your opponent pays for everything, yes it goes from all in .. now if it is a safe player, with strong range, goes limp, or 3bet basic, the fact is to drop an AA , near the bubble or an FT, when you know you're behind.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you will go all in with AA everytime, people will just fold their hands and you will not get anything at all from this hand. Make a raise, or, if somebody already made a raise, you can re-raise him and in some situations you can move all in.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not all the tables and situations are the same always, but the best thing is to make an aggressive RAISE, to go to a hand against few opponents and after the FLOP to play aggressively, that is the most recommended

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goal is to get as many chips as you can in the pot with rockets, but you can’t open shove right away in most situations. Sometimes, yes. Just don’t fold them ;)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not always AA plays in the game, in every situation you need to play differently or make big raises or go all in and you need to watch how many players play in the hand and decide how best to act, but the loss happens often, I play AA aggressively or do raise 3-4-5 times or go all-in!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With pocket aces to play aggressively, more chances when you two.If more than two and so on, the chances are reduced significantly...

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on many variables such as your current chip stack, villains tendencies, position, which game are you playing etc etc. However, as pointed out before, the main goal is to maximise your profits as you always have the better hand. This is generally done by raising or re-raising within the regular boundaries. You want to disguise your aces as any two 'good' cards. Preferable play would also be to get your chips in against just one villain in the end.

G

gabethegimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a lot of stated it depends. If you're just starting a MTT or something you're better off playing a little more conservative and trying to see a flop, rarely esp in freerolls cause the first hour is some of the most random stuff you'll see on a table.

I'm a firm believer in avoiding bloating the pot pre-flop and just see it. I've been sucked out so many times on this by just shoving pre-flop and the board pairing their 3kicker and you're done. Don't be scared to 3-bet, but if they 4-bet you just call it to keep it manageable.

If you got a short stack, shoving is fine.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is desirable to put more chips to reset other players and they didn't win you say cards 7 2 ))) may be 5-6 BB or all-in it all depends on what you have in the Bank.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its the best hand pre flop , so yes but its only a pair remember that post flop, also if you referring to several people going all in lets say a freeroll, your odds to win considerably go down, just be carfeful and have fun

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
getting in preflop against 1 other player, is probably the most profitable, maximize those profits,

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Aces

I hate pocket AAs. When I get them, the first thing that comes to my mind is "oh no" how much am I going to lose with these.

I am not a great of good player, but, I would not go all in. Some of the better players say 3 bet raise and wait for the flop. After the flop, and you do not help your hand, just remenber that you only have one pair.

My opinion, but, don't take it to the bank. I lose most of the time.

Good luck and hope to cya on the felts,

mange1234 :burnout:

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not all the time, but surely sometimes its the correct move

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on stack size and where the game time is. Sometimes I try to lure more players into the hand, but, have to be careful of what the flop and 4th and 5th street are.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm always glad to have a pair of aces on my hands. Of course, you can not always win with them, but this is a very good pocket hand, giving hope for victory. But I'm not sure that this hand will give you a 100% victory.

IcyNicy

IcyNicy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you so strong to fold pocket aces? I think no. When you have pocket aces since that time your own aim becomes to put your whole stack at the middle of the table.
There could be only one difficult thing preflop. It's when before you 3 or more opponents went allin. That happens for example in freerolls=) But anyway you will call. Pocket aces is the strongest hand. So why not to go allin?