Plus and Minus

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am working with a different way of counting outs to see if it is workable in live situations for flush and straight draws after the flop.
You add six outs for your two hole cards to the normal outs. If you don't hit you might pair up. However you subtract three outs for each higher card in the flop than your top card, (in case they pair up with a higher pair).
I feel this gives a better overall method of evaluating your chances of winning.
Tell me what you think please

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This sounds interesting. How has it been working so far?

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't it ultimately better to stick with the current method for calculating outs and equity? If you factor in putting your opponents on ranges, it seems better to keep the simple things, simple, while using the majority of your time and brain power for the more incomplete information.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who115 - Working put fairly well thamks. It certainly reduces the number of hands played when pot odds are factored.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is definitely worth a shot. I have always wondered about how to more accurately estimate one's outs. For example, how many outs must we take away from our count when you factor in the odds of your outs already being dead in someone else's hand?

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite difficult in my opinion. 5:1 and 4:1 for one street. 2:1 and 2:1 for two streets. Isn't that easier?

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
xy23 It has nothing to do with opponents' ranges, reread my post again. It is all about the flop.

:D

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like a decent strategy? Has it affected your winnings thus far? Keep us updated!