PLO Freeroll on Carbon

intents09

intents09

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, I'm posting this here because I'm not sure if there's a more specific forum to post this in. Today, I just finished 219th/2,800+ in only 2nd PLO game played. Was the freeroll on Carbon. (1st game was yesterday's freeroll on Carbon) I made a bad play pretty late with AhAcxcxs when I potted pre UTG and proceeded to pot flop of all hearts trying to represent nut flush and calling off an AI raise for approx 3/4 of my stack. I know that was uberbad, but if you'd like to comment, let me have it. While that was bad, I'm curious if the AI raiser made a bad raise as he didn't have nut flush(he had 3rd nut, Qhigh flush) regardless of how hand was played afterward or if that play was ok. Anyway, as I've stated, this was my 2nd time ever playing the game, so I guess I'm looking for some ABC strategy for the game. I've played a lot of hi/lo, and from what I learned, starting hands are very different. Is this not really an achievement at all, considering it was a freeroll, or should I be semi-proud I was able to hang on and play decent(mostly)? Basic strategy I'm looking for are how to bet pre, ex: always pot when raising, when do I min raise, how to decide what to raise pre, etc. and then of course, post flop action, when to bet what and why. If there are more specific forums for this info, please, direct me to them, as I'm sure there are. I am interested in learning more about the game, even if I'm only playing it in freerolls right now, but I'm mostly an NLHE and PLO8 player, just looking to expand my horizons. Thanks, in advance, for any input!

bbyfce85

bbyfce85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well keep it up if you can make it that far you can make it all the way i won a cple top 5's on there the thing to remember is be paitient and if you can avoid it avoid going all in (unless your low staked than you gotta do what you gotta do) but good luck ill see you on the tables.....

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love the Carbon PLO FR.

Bit of a pokefest for the first hour.

-

bbyfce85

bbyfce85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
true it doesnt matter what kind of freeroll the first i would say hour and a half is just a donk fest but if you can make it past that point you got a chance

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What time to these run?
Never tried PLO, might be a good way to get my feet wet rather than
play money....

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last longer sig bet?

-

K

kaispen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good freerolls in poker carbon? Im never played in there and Im interested are there good tournaments, not just freerolls, or are there much players, good or bad, how about withdraws and deposits, any problems with it?
Are there any cardschat tournaments ever in Carbon, and where cc make tournaments? Atleast in partypoker, that i know for sure, but thats it, I dont have information about other poker sites.