m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strategy Shoort Stack.

I would like to open a debate on the game shoort stack.

What do you rate as EV + one stack range of 12BB or less? You open a min-raise to fold in stolen positions?

I particularly apply raise with good hands and analyze statistics to give a call or fold in a possible resteal this stack margin.

I have done a lot of research and I believe that some scenarios, such as hands playing well after the flop, have great potential to call a bet or enter paying only in position.
Of course, many players also apply traps with AA, KK, but it helps to balance the pile of range snort and just taking advantage of a 'possible value range for resteal.

What do you think about this? Come on guys and girls!

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12BB? Shove or fold situation. Your stack is not big enough to scare people post flop, so just make them decide preflop if they're willing to risk 12BBs which could be a considerable chunk of their stack for the players with below-average stacks and has some fold equity. One exception could be checking to a limp when you're the BB, especially against multiple limpers.

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you raise with that stack size you are polarizing your all-ins to be very strong hands and raises with medium strength, unless you are looking to trap somebody, this is usually not a smart idea

E

eutot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always shove a stack that size. Unless you have AA in middle position and want to be paid by more than one, or maybe make someone else go all in. But you risk to be paid by a small pair and lose to a set.

shykarno

shykarno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the foregoing. but if the situation is a bubble, I try to stay in the game for as long as possible.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me it also would be a shove or fold. You have no moves anymore after betting small as you are kind of pot commited.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to still limp/minraise with 10BB/12BB, but it just leaves no spaces on the flop.
So now I shove/fold which such a stacksize.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  • You have to take fewer Risks. And do not take hasty decisions

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call all in with and high cards

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never play short stack poker so I have no clue? I guess if your going to play it wait for a hand like AA KK QQ JJ or AK AQ and shove allin preflop and hope and pray you win or don't get ran down. That type of poker is going to be high variance poker I can tell you right now and your going to go through your bankroll really quick so I wouldn't suggest it.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if you want to reduce your arsenal to several options - a fold and an all-in.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"EV + one stack range of 12BB or less....also apply traps with AA, KK"
this does not go well

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Contrary to popular opinion, when shortstacked I almost exclusively limp/call a couple BBs so I can have a good 8-10BB postflop and then decide if I'm going to shove from there. Your "stack threat" is still good if you can get in with a limp and the added benefit of someone thinking you hit the flop instead of knowing you're just shoving pre-flop to push people out is a great advantage to have at your disposal.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really dont think you can be limping or calling very often with under 30bbs. You just lose too many chips when you fold to the villans cbet. You also are throwing away what limited fold equity you have. Even when you hit your hand on the flop you wont get paid enough to make up for all the times you fold.