Playing with QQ

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gentlemen, several times I have read about how to play aggressively with QQ, especially in tournaments, including, I posted a hand with QQ a while ago, in which I bet, and received 3-bet, and i called. A totally unfavorable flop for me on which I folded.
Many at the time opined on going all in pre flop, and the reason was because I had a very "strong" hand.
I've been playing often, and I could see that usually when you get the 3-bet, the villain is always ahead, as much as nothing threatening appears on the flop.
Today I received qq once again, and received a 3-bet, I increased again and the villain was all in, and I was sure I was losing my hand, but even so I called, precisely taking into account some arguments in what I have read, both in the community, as in strategy articles.
Well, I was sure he had AA and game over for me.
Honestly, I'm not upset, the villain played very well, unlike me who did not play, because, I did not take into consideration my extinct, tournament time.
I read once I can not remember where, that said that every time you play a hand different from your usual, you lose, maybe that's what happened.

"A good player becomes patient to wait for a certain situation to play a pot and becomes disciplined to drop a hand that he deems to be the second best"

It must be poker theory that caveat, which, by the way, is a great truth.

Good luck at the tables!

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to be clear, it's just my opinion, I don't believe in luck in poker, I believe in the competence of you playing well in certain situations.
Everything that happens at the table, depends exclusively on you, your actions and decisions, is what will make you winner or loser!

T

thefly1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well for me how to play QQ in a MTT depends on several things (same for hands like AK)

1. early, mid or late stage of MTT and do you have an idea of the playing range of opponent
2. your position on the table
3. your stacksize and the stacksize of the ones behind you
4. the buyin of the MTT ... in freerolls in early stage you get a lot of gamblers going allin with everything.

This said you have several ways to play this

1. limping and calling the reraise and look what the flop gives
2 raise get reraised .. call/fold depending on the range opponent
3 raise get reraised ... allin when opponent does 3bet a lot and he probably has not AA or KK (do not play aggressive vs a tight player that 3bets)

Also keep in mind your stack vs opponent anf your position in MTT... when your shortstacked it shove and cross fingers

If a hand is playable depends on several things ... otherwise it would be easy....