Playing position - NLH 9-max correct range of hands

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys!
A few months studying poker, more specifically NLH 9 players, I realized that the range of hands to make an openraise of the CO is bigger than the range of hands to do an openraise of the SB, I had been following this without question, but now I really need a plausible explanation, please help me.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Later position gives you a opportunity to play larger range of hands and use other tactics. You can raise to induce a folds, steal the pot after the flop or float with position.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys!
A few months studying poker, more specifically NLH 9 players, I realized that the range of hands to make an openraise of the CO is bigger than the range of hands to do an openraise of the SB, I had been following this without question, but now I really need a plausible explanation, please help me.

Let's just say simpler. At the long table (9-max) the position is very important. Being in the early position, you still do not know what actions will be taken by players sitting at the table after you. Therefore, you play only better hands, which will allow at least to call even after the players are raised pre-flop. The closer your position to the BB, the more information you have (about the players who sit before you).

Later position gives you a opportunity to play larger range of hands and use other tactics. You can raise to induce a folds, steal the pot after the flop or float with position.

Also the reverse is true - when you are on the BB, and everyone before the player with the SB folded, and the player with the SB raised to steal - you are right to assume that he plays a fairly wide range of starting hands.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's just say simpler. At the long table (9-max) the position is very important. Being in the early position, you still do not know what actions will be taken by players sitting at the table after you. Therefore, you play only better hands, which will allow at least to call even after the players are raised pre-flop. The closer your position to the BB, the more information you have (about the players who sit before you).

Also the reverse is true - when you are on the BB, and everyone before the player with the SB folded, and the player with the SB raised to steal - you are right to assume that he plays a fairly wide range of starting hands.

Thanks that was a really great explanation.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In theory it is easy to follow the recommendations of playing in the positions BB, SB, UTG, UTG1, UTG2, CO, CO2 and etc., this because for each position there is a behavior of must be followed in agreement with the cards that you receive, however in the game it is difficult to have this reading because many players bluff and many still try to cheat at the tables and still have those that hinder their game.
In general if you can follow the theory follow and if you can not, be an artist in poker.

elflake

elflake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The later you are to act the less likely you are to be 3 bet.

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a really hard time with remembering position. I get locked in on my cards a lot & forget to think about what other players might have. I think that is my biggest weakness. I'm still trying to figure out position playing

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's simple, in a better position, u can play worse cards

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands