Playing the Player by Ed Miller

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am currently re-reading this book. This is the 3rd or 4th time going through it. I am about to treat this book like a college course text book this time through. I am going to really study it and pick it apart. Have you read this book? Do you own a copy of this book? If so I invite you to participate in this thread. The purpose of this thread is to find others who own this book and to read a chapter every day or two, and then discuss the specific chapter in this thread before moving on to the next chapter.

Anyone down?

Q

QuentonS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You must hold it in high regard? What do you think about it, I have yet to read or hear anything about it.

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I guess it lumps players into certain types of categories and talks about how to play against each player type. I want to learn how to read hands like a pro, but before that I feel I need to simply lump players into appropriate categories, LAP TAP TPP LPP and the likes. I feel this is an area where I need to improve. The book is really well written. I get a little something more from it each time I read it. I feel as though I am on my way, but I just lack a few key skillz to becoming a consistently winning player. If I take the time to really dissect and study this book it might be the start I am looking for. Between this book, Ed Miller's, "How To Read Hands At No-Limit Hold' Em" and Alan n. Schoonmaker's "The Psychology Of Poker" I think I can get beyond the 1st level of poker thinking.

P.S. I want to study the aforementioned books too if anyone is down.