playing just NUTS Strategy

L

lucashiagoloja

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good evening Guys, I've seen a lot of pro's lately playing just NUTS, I might be wrong. But this is the best option to be profitable in poker, correct? Stop with doubtful hands, drop AK, AQ and always focus on sequences, cracks or premium hands. So we have become really more profitable, playing only in bb or sb.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, my friend, I believe that this strategy is not very suitable for poker. No, if you play anything worth it it will be very easy to play against you and rarely will be able to extract chips. I believe that a good player needs to be balanced, and has in his range of hands of value and bluff, and know how to build those range both pre flop and pos.

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good advice, balancing must always be present.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that these positions are not worse than the button, they have a higher percentage of winnings, at least for me...

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes if we play too tight and not enough hand it is very difficult to continue to advance on a tournament.but we must still be careful and take into account the other players present on the table.la profitability of the pot and especially the increase of the blinds.

T

ThinkIllcallUwitha5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For tournaments, I think the optimal tightness is just a bit tighter than your average opponent, because if you're too tight then you miss out on blind steals and antes in a tournament. Did you mean cash or tournaments.

A

Alpejczyk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, at least at small stakes and beginner levels it is not such a bad strategy as majority of new players will do exactly opposite to that and will play almost every hand so you will be ahead almost every time.

But yes as it was already said balance is needed as more experienced players will notice what you are doing and you will get no action whatsoever.

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesn't seem to matter what cards i play!

I can play very "tight" and basically only play "power" cards in good positions, YET I still lose about 80% of my hands I play with those types of cards(pocket J's or better). I watch TOTAL donkwads playing stuuuupid cards and they seem to get dealt the winners....about 80% of the time! Soon as I start to ask about whether or not they are a "depositor" they get a bit offended and ask me if I think that matters?>>>UMMM>>>DUH!>>>of course it does! It's TOO OBVIOUS, because I can't seem to win even 20% of my hands when I play POWER cards in good positions, etc! RIP OFF sites, ACR and Betonline!:rolleyes:

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you only play in BB and SB, that means you're always out of position. Playing out of position is a disadvantage and you can be easily pushed off a hand by a simple c-bet from your opponent. You also become too predictable by playing only the premium hands. If the other player c-bets and you don't fold, he can be sure that you have a monster, because you folded several times before that. As the other people said, you have to balance the way you play. Also, it seems you could use a little more knowledge when it comes to evaluating the flop texture.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you only play monsters players will pick up on that really quick and you lose value because nobody will be calling when you bet and they will rake your blinds.

At the micros you may get away with this since there are so many bad players who just aren't paying attention but as you move up you will want to adjust your range to keep the others guessing if you have it or are bluffing.

If your hand becomes an open book you are behind the 8-ball.

Then their is the luck factor as sometimes you may get unlucky for many tournaments in a row. It's called variance and you need to get familiar with it.

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good evening Guys, I've seen a lot of pro's lately playing just NUTS, I might be wrong. But this is the best option to be profitable in poker, correct? Stop with doubtful hands, drop AK, AQ and always focus on sequences, cracks or premium hands. So we have become really more profitable, playing only in bb or sb.
Was it on tv that you saw the pros only playing the nuts I could be wrong but the tv poker usually only shows the most exciting hands so it can be misleading

DeN4iK310882

DeN4iK310882

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why only premium hands? Are hands like suited connectors 56, 67, 89, J10 really worth dropping? I like to play with such a card, because she always has good odds on the flop.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you fold every time an opponent bets because you don’t have the nuts you will hardly be able to recover the blinds and the bets to see a flop. There are just not enough hands in poker in which you are sure to win...
What is more important is to check if you are getting good odds... if you make profitable bets you should be a winning player in the long run...