Playing in Button position

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends.
Long time I haven't posted anything, but now I have a question.

When in BT position, playing K2, K3,K4,K5s is somenthing that I should do?
Of course, when in gap. And if I do play these hands, should I squeeze a little?
What is the reasonable size?
Would I use this in the last 2 or 3 levels before Late Reg?

Thank's
:confused:

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disclaimer: I'm no expert, this is just my opinion.

I think the button is a great place to try get some steals in. I would open a lot wider, but expect one of the blinds to defend a large percentage of the time. Because of this high chance of defence, I tend to open hands that give me good draws, suited connectors etc. K2+ suited, I would also probably open (depending on stack sizes - short stacked probably less so) but off suit I would stick to K9o+. With these hands there are a lot of good cards that give you the opportunity to profitably cbet on the flop, meaning you can often take down the pot without much resistance. Be prepared to fold though to a defend - you don't want to lose a large % of your stack with a marginal hand!

Sizing again depends on stack depth, but 2.5 - 3x is pretty standard I would say.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello gatti, It depends on what type of players are in the BBs, if they are players who do not fold with anything, it is not a good idea to get into trouble with players of that type, it is better to play with a better range of hands.

80abukaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends.

Of course, when in gap. And if I do play these hands, should I squeeze a little?

Thank's

Which table size is also a key question you should ask yourself.

For squeeze, do you actually mean the move of 3betting after a raise and a call?

And why do you mention doing that exactly in that phase of the tournament?

With these info, I will be able to give you my opinion :)

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It deppends on how does the little and big blind players use to play. If blinds are agreesive players i preffer not to play such hand with bad cards like that. i will probably lose your stack for nothing.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
In most cases, I will not play these combinations, but sometimes you can bluff.:ciao:

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
It seems that most of us believe that we must first analyze how opponents play in the "Blinds" and then establish our range to steal the blinds ...!

W

Wellingtonaakkk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering when in BT I could bluff, raise or fold? because many times with pair JJ, KA, QA I already raised and took KK, AA and started right behind the opponent and it was difficult to get out. I was wondering if I use my game intuition or lose by following strategic protocol?

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hello friends.

Thank's

Good question. Assuming 100BB stacks and the action is folded to you, you should absolutely be raising with all your suited K's and Q's. If you're not the first to raise, I would be folding these.
2.5 - 3BB's is reasonable standard raise, but you can adjust depending on your opponent.