Playing hands depending on Position.

M

muckem97

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Gents.

Currently playing cash game and sometimes referring back to a hand chart if its okay to play this certain hand in this certain position.

I really dislike to use a hand chart.

Instead I would love to know and rationalize my own thought process on WHY I should or shouldn't be playing this hand in this position.

What do you guys think before playing your hand. And why do you decide to play it.

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read the intelipoker and pokerstrategy articles, they show which hands and which way to act in certain positions at the table.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this question is difficult to answer.
Only you determine the course of your game and what kind of hand.
use the knowledge. a lot of strategies and tips on how to play these or those hands and on what positions.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Memorize some ranges from charts it isn't hard to do.It's a default from where you play your game in a vacuum and you can adjust to specific opponents from those ranges.Not knowing or understanding your own ranges means you cant understand other peoples ranges.And you'll basically just be playing hands for the sake of playing hands with no rhyme or reason to what your doing or why your doing it.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just remember that when you are in late position, you have more information on your opponents so you can play slightly weaker hands as a result. If you are in early position, you really only want to play with premium starting cards. If I'm in late position, I can see how many players are in the pot, and if there have been no raises, I might raise myself if I think I have a good chance of taking the pot down.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well, in my case, I consider the position very important ... many of my decisions about whether or not to play a hand depends on my position at that moment in the table ... of course, late positions are the best to play. .. for this reason I focus on how to get the best possible position ...

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands