Playing My First $11 dollar Tourney

T

Tiny Boost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any PRO Tips I have built my roll up from 13 dollars to 800 and am going to take a shot at 2 11 dollar touneys with it been scoop

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was a pro tip that I received on Upswing Poker. When you're deep in a tournament you've bet preflop and postflop and been called. Then suddenly your opponent starts betting super aggressive on the turn or river and it's hard for you to piece together what they could have. More than likely they've hit gut shot or set mined you.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I am not a pro, but I did cashed out some from similar 11$ scoop last Sunday :D

First 3-4 hours are hardest, and maybe within this period you should just put efforts to stay in the game. Do not get upset if you have some downturns, card-death periods! The following couple of hours the game is plain - 2 - 3 players on flop max or winning hands without flop showing, positional game - here you could take max advantage from position! Play smart and you could make a deep run!
Good luck :top:

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find the the advice Dejange jus gave is very good. I use that when I play in the Elementray League on poker stars. That way I can usually survive past those "crazy" guys that bet on almost anything and tend to beat you whenn they have 2 9 off and you have a pair of AA or KK at teh start

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The structures in those tournaments allow you to have some patience. Be aware of how the other players are playing, and how they perceive your play. Take your time with decisions, because if you want to go deep in the tournament, you are going to have to make a few tough folds. Good Luck. Let us know how you do.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any PRO Tips I have built my roll up from 13 dollars to 800 and am going to take a shot at 2 11 dollar touneys with it been scoop
Not sure why you are asking advice on changing up your strategy on the way you have thus far played.
If what you have stated is true in building your bankroll from $13 to $800 then you probably should stick with what has worked out for you as of now.
Since this may be your first $11 tourney should not dictate how you should play your game, especially for such a small amount of money.