Playing AA

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personal I realized that when I play AA with more than 2 opponents I always lose the hand, so I realize that playing at a table where many players go to all-in the probability of winning is lower because there are many hands in play. Do you agree?

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA post flop against several opponents loses strength for sure.

You win more than you think with AA its just you remember it more when you lose.

If you get all-in with AA preflop and lose you will win more often than not over time. Sure in a short time you could run unlucky but statistically over time you will win.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
That's how I lost today:(

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yep. AA should win more often against one opponent than against several opponents in the pot.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
AA post flop against several opponents loses strength for sure.

You win more than you think with AA its just you remember it more when you lose.

If you get all-in with AA preflop and lose you will win more often than not over time. Sure in a short time you could run unlucky but statistically over time you will win.
Hello xexeu,

I agree with NHequalsFU on the point that you remember your losses and I think if you kept track of the number of times you won with AA, it would confirm you will generally be winning with it. This is one of those cases where a bad beat feels worse than a win feels good. I also agree your AA will lose their strength with more people in the pot, but I still love getting AA.

Good luck to you,
Brian

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, even with two opponents its too much. I always go for the heads up when I want to play aces. More opponents its just suicide to try to trap with aces. More possibilities to lose to any better hand than one pair.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personal I realized that when I play AA with more than 2 opponents I always lose the hand, so I realize that playing at a table where many players go to all-in the probability of winning is lower because there are many hands in play. Do you agree?

I agree with that statement.
I have had experiences with AA that get beat with two pairs and it gets frustrating.

In poker you try to do everything right and results don't show.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips

Hello! Yes, I agree with you! I had such a situation in the past that happened to me. I go all-in and almost the whole table called, of course I lost! This is the losing example! I hope to share a winning example with AA when I won against more than one opponent! Success!

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
With aces on your hands, do not slowplay. Do not forget that pocket aces are just one pair, and you need to be prepared for any result.
My strategy with aces is all in.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Aces post flop against several opponents loses quality and strength for sure. But its not always a lose, so going all in against several opponents can also make you a big stack. But anyway pre-flop we just cannot fold pocket Aces so its all based on your luck if you win or lose the hand. So good luck with it!

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Automatically going all in with AA does not seem like good advice. Even if you get everyone to fold, isn't it a waste to use a hand you only get once out of 221 to only steal the blinds? Of course, if the antes are really high or if there is otherwise already a lot of money in the pot, it's a different story.

My preference is to take into account position and stack sizes (and other factors if it is a tournament) to raise just enough to isolated a player and get to play AA heads up.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No matter the outcome of the hand, you have to check if you made the right moves

S

StrateJKe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker there is always a chance of losing, do not worry!

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with no timeframe you will win more times with AA, you can be sure of that, the problem is that when you lose AA, this bothers me, and you end up remembering the losses more than the victories. Need to work the psychological to improve the game in poker. Remember this.

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly enjoy playing AA in two ways.
The first way is to limp in and wait for what might happen on the flop.
The other way is to make a very small bet just to fan some more excited player.
Poker is a game of many possibilities, of course the more players in the hand, the harder it can be to beat it even with AA.
It's the highest pair, so let's take a chance ...

Have a good game!

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is very easy to play.
Raise 4x and then a strong C-bet pos flop.If someone call then you shove.

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still depends on what is going on in the tournament. AA is a luscious hand. But I do agree the more players the worse it becomes. I think it is wise to at least raise a bit or all go all in preflop just to try to go heads up or against two players. Limping in the first positions is quite a good play because someone is most likely gonna raise preflop. Then the AA is disguised a bit. I like AA when it wins but when it loses it is frustrating. Just gotta shake it off and be prepared for the next AA hand.

It is always good to read the board if you aren't all in preflop. I have folded AA before a few times due to a bad board and many players in the hand. You'll want to get at least three suits to four on the flop or turn or a third Ace.

Fun hand to play though.

It is good when it holds up or if you are low on chips.

Trillian

Trillian

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
With more than two players involved AA loses equity rapidly. HU it has 83% against any other range. Against two players that drops to 69%. (Numbers by Equilab) so you want to be always aggressive preflop and try to isolate. Never ever try to be tricky and flat or (even worse) limp behind. You want to get out especially small suited connectors and pocket pairs and make sure to get called by Ax combinations and only the highest pocket pairs. The equity against PPs are the same but you want to narrow them to the top of their range so there are less possibilities left to get cracked by a set.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA does not guarantee you win, you only have a better chance. I think there is less chance of winning more than 2 opponents. All you can do in these situations, exclude more players aggressive play from the hand. So they make a bad decision with call, thus improving your chances of winning.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I try to get the most out of AA ... first of all I avoid playing post flop with two or more opponents ... for that I am very aggressive with my preflop betting ... and I think we will all have ever lost playing AA in the hand ... however if you lose by the variance there is no problem ... the bad thing is losing for having done a slowplay with AA

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why your goal is to play a heads-up pot post flop.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that when playing with pocket AA - the fewer opponents remain in the game, the greater the probability of winning. But, it's best to play one-on-one. And an important point, don't slowplay pocket aces.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are having trouble isolating a single player at the table try raising bigger. If raising bigger is still getting multiple callers go as big as you need to (meaning all in). If you're getting multiple all in callers holding AA. Don't sweat it because you're probably in a freeroll and will win enough times to make deep runs 8].

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here many people are wrong, many believe that if they have ACES, they are also winners, as long as there is a chance of winning against them, you have to expect to lose with them, especially in multi way pot

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always playing AA all in pre flop. Prevents bead beats e many opponents in the most cases