V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
U have a small stack of chips and u flop 88, u r first to play,should u go all in or should u check?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Barring unknown ICM factors, with a small stack utg limping is probably your worst option, because every flop should scare you. Just jam it.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Barring unknown ICM factors, with a small stack utg limping is probably your worst option, because every flop should scare you. Just jam it.
If that's even what the question is. The question mentions a flop and checking. Both things not possible if acting utg preflop.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go betting x2 the big blind.
Well we don't have enough information to know what is really being asked but I think we can eliminate that as an option.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you have 10BB or less left, there is no check with this hand. Either push or fold it.
Because you have no possibility to act anymore afterwards with a check or raise, because you would be pot commited. So you will have to think about the players who are left behind you to act and consider, if it is good to push or not.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One option would be to bet 80% of your short stack hoping other players think you're trying to sucker them in to putting you all-in. Not usually successful, but it does work sometimes and since you're going all in anyway, why not try it.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One option would be to bet 80% of your short stack hoping other players think you're trying to sucker them in to putting you all-in. Not usually successful, but it does work sometimes and since you're going all in anyway, why not try it.
The only players betting 80% of a short stack are those players who think they are being sneaky with AA/KK.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don´t limp on this situation. Goes ALL in or depends on the action fold. With low stack the bigger ones are going to put pressure on you constantly. If you goes all in and double your chips you start to get back on the game.

SSCCBB13

SSCCBB13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With less than 10bb I'm going all in, if they pay and win, and if not I double my stack.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only players betting 80% of a short stack are those players who think they are being sneaky with AA/KK.
If that is the case, it seems a good solution, to pretend you have aces. I guess he is talking about pocket 88 UTG, so as you are next in BB, better go all in or raise the 80%

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would bet 70-80% of your stack and I would wait to see how the opponents react for later in case of being favorable, go all in!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in or fold if you think you can make a substantial pay jump ie on bubble of tourney or final table bubble depends how many stacks are shorter and how many BB you got good luck

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe bet 70% in order to atract a player that thinks you want to fold them.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dunno what he's asking.

Could be flopping a set of 8s, or just having an 8x hand and pairing the 8. Out of context impossible to answer.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the stack is less than 10 big blinds, then, in my opinion, it is better to go to all-in immediately. ;)

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friend, even if you have a small stack with a pair of 88 you have to call blind only. If an opponent does all-in preflop, my opinion is that you have to fold.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's best to go all in, since limpers can go into the game and you'll be the worst post-flop

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'd go allin and steal them blinds

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
U have a small stack of chips and u flop 88, u r first to play,should u go all in or should u check?

I go all in, in poker you have to play to win and not be afraid but also be smart about and not recklessly put chips in for the sake of it.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So much additional information is missing to provide an honest assessment, such as what type of stakes are you playing at, at what stage of the game are you referring to, how many blinds do you have left are you referring to, what position are you referring to, has the bubble been eliminated, can you rebuy, are you trying to cash…….?

You see, so much is unknown in your question.

But the standard play is……… 10 BB or less is usually a shove, but that is only a standard, that does not mean you must apply this tactic each and every time you play.

Choose this maneuver with some thought, not just a mindless robotic move of oh……… I got 10 BB’s so I MUST go allin.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, It s definitely all in, search in internet push or fold charts.

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not understand the ****, you started from the beginning, what kind of hand you had, what happened on the flop, how many players, what position, how many chips players, shorter than the fish you

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the stage with small stack you are in the tournament, you should most often go with good cards in all in