playing for 5 years but still being a beginner

deiwizzz

deiwizzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys, im playing since i was 18-19. Now im 24 y.o. but i keep on doing silly mistakes. Usually i end up losing just before cash in, being a bubble boy. I lose control often playing on the final table. Could you offer me any help? Or how to improve myself guys? Any valuable poker books or topics? Thanks in advance!

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys, im playing since i was 18-19. Now im 24 y.o. but i keep on doing silly mistakes. Usually i end up losing just before cash in, being a bubble boy. I lose control often playing on the final table. Could you offer me any help? Or how to improve myself guys? Any valuable poker books or topics? Thanks in advance!

The best way to improve in poker; not deposit more money, play freerolls and learn in different poker forums there such as this. Here you will find. A lot of material that can help related. And once you did that practice at the tables and be patient if you really want to go more often to the final table.
A greeting !!

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can also watch YouTube videos with advanced tips and tricks. And analyse your game. Why where you kicked out just before the bubble? Write down your mistakes and don't make them twice.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm in the same situation. I recently started to study and participate more actively in the forum, I got good results, but then I ended up making silly mistakes.

I think it's a matter of time now, my way of seeing the game and analyzing the movements has improved. It's hard to win in freerolls, but I will insist, and then start playing paid tournaments.

deiwizzz

deiwizzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is whenever i lose all of my bankroll i want to win it back so i deposit once again, and i start to play way too aggressive, too often i push myself to go all in in result losing again. So i think i need to start read books to find a way how to deal with myself and then start to think about the strategy ��

deiwizzz

deiwizzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its better not to play any freerolls since its full of fish who will eventually outplay you with crappy cards so u will start playing with crappy cards also. I did that and i downgraded my gameplay big time in result im sitting here now trying to find a solution :D

B

boonvech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so do i, lose money then make more deposit.
i agree the idea to learn and play more freerolls.

apeedgovi

apeedgovi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I can see, the only way to improve your game.. is to improve your game. I also struggle a lot, and players taking pots away from me with 7-3o against AKs or something like that - does not help. But yeah, I do try to understand poker better, and always try to play my best, same I can suggest to you. :) Good luck with learning.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advise, do not stop, in my main work on the bugs, analyze their distribution in poker calculators. In freerolls you can not raise your level of play, start playing at small limits and choose the style that suits you best. I'm currently playing in Sit & GO - 9 mahh with a limit of $ 1, think of poker as a hobby and then it will be easy to play!

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can use some poker utility (PokerTracker, Holdem Manager) and analyze your game. After finding the mistakes, read it learning materials in this context.

S

scraps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its better not to play any freerolls since its full of fish who will eventually outplay you with crappy cards so u will start playing with crappy cards also. I did that and i downgraded my gameplay big time in result im sitting here now trying to find a solution :D

i play freerolls (and micros) everyday on acr while playing cash tables, i do well at battling fish.

I am a tight/aggressive player. I always have position, I always have equity.
i do get the occasional maniac donk who calls all in with T3o and flops a full house against my aces.
On the other hand, there is people that never want to give up their pocket JJ etc and lose to monster hands at least a couple of times per tourney.
Make sure you have position and equity, then you will catch most of the fish.
they will call middle pairs all day, they never raise for draws, and even call raises for gutshots with 2 or 3 outs. Bluffs are useless against them because their understanding of technical gameplay is minimal, they'll call it.

S

scraps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching consistantly good players on TwitchTV helped my tourney game a lot. LexVeidhuis, Kmart, AllinPav, EasyWithAces and IrEgption are my pick to watch.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can also watch YouTube videos with advanced tips and tricks. And analyse your game. Why where you kicked out just before the bubble? Write down your mistakes and don't make them twice.
is not correct, if you are going to watch poker videos you have to see better poker tutorials, it is not correct to see videos that only the best plays in the tournaments are seen, that does not help you, those videos create fantasies

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Seems to me that this is the part of the game you need to improve on. Outlasting the fish takes patience, which you need to learn and learn again. No book, video, or forum is going to teach you this.

deiwizzz

deiwizzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have u got any advices then if nothing like videos or books gonna help in ur opinion?

deiwizzz

deiwizzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about this acr? i have seen many people talking about it. Is it poker platform? Is it good? Can europeans play it too? Thanks in advance

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have u got any advices then if nothing like videos or books gonna help in ur opinion?

Calm down. Avoid coffee. Maybe take a meditation class. It is something that you will have to work out on your own.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you and me both buddy, still learning to this day about playing poker, hoping to get into those big tourneys , especially live tourneys, , been playing for 4 years myself and i still play like a rookie.

deiwizzz

deiwizzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like those 2.5$ sng 180players on pokerstars. it takes few hours to win sth like 50$ or more but it takes me only minutes to lose it all on more expensive tournaments. Once i win big i join straight away expensive mtts and i lose really quick with my short temper. I dont know how to manage my bankroll..

deiwizzz

deiwizzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like those 2.5$ sng 180players on pokerstars. it takes few hours to win sth like 50$ or more but it takes me only minutes to lose it all on more expensive tournaments. Once i win big i join straight away expensive mtts and i lose really quick with my short temper. I dont know how to manage my bankroll..
Well hopefully one day we will find the key for our solution and we will be able to join those big live tourneys :D

deiwizzz

deiwizzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

you and me both buddy, still learning to this day about playing poker, hoping to get into those big tourneys , especially live tourneys, , been playing for 4 years myself and i still play like a rookie.
Well hopefully one day we will find the key for our solution and we will be able to join those big live tourneys :D

deiwizzz

deiwizzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calm down. Avoid coffee. Maybe take a meditation class. It is something that you will have to work out on your own.
But i usually play during night time since many good tournaments start really late , so without coffee i would fall asleep lol.

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I played since poker was on the internet and was still s beginner this year as I played a lot but played recreationally and wanted to lea n but was unwilling to put the work in . This year things are changing as my Heslth has gone down and Zi can’t afford to deposit once or twice a month anymore . I have known most of the basics and winning strategies for a long time but never put them into disciplined practice until now . My game is changing rapidly when I am up to playing . The biggest thing I did was hire a good coach who goes through my hand histories and helps me plug leaks and concentrate on particular parts of my game that are costing me the most . I have been doing a lot better since then . The only other thing Zi have done is change sites to be able to play much smaller fields for now .

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what I meant, to see poker tutorials with advanced tips and tricks. Not just live poker play.