freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I still have difficulty taking notes from players, so I only use basic information, like if the player is aggressive, tight, loose. What basic information do you find most interesting to someone like me who is still starting out with these player notes studies.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still have difficulty taking notes from players, so I only use basic information, like if the player is aggressive, tight, loose. What basic information do you find most interesting to someone like me who is still starting out with these player notes studies.

I strongly recommend that you use a HUD. You can use the HM2 or Pocker Tracker trial, or others.
Leaving this aside, , I think there are many things you can observe. In order not to get so messed up, you can start with the player on your left and the one on your right, and then watch the ones that are farther away.

You should look at how often he opens the bets, how often he makes 3bet and when he only calls. You should look at what positions each movement makes. During the flop, see how much he makes continuation bets, if he also bets on the turn and on the river, if he bets when he has projects, if he modifies the size of his bets according to the hand he has, if he bluffs a lot when he does not get his projects, if he folds in front of a 3bet.

Actually there are many things, that's why I recommend a HUD. But basically, you have to try to understand as well as possible the game of your opponents, what ranges they play and how they play them.

That's why I also recommend you start on the one on your right and left and then expand towards the sides.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank U 4 Posting

The best basic notes you can take are on bet sizing.

Agg player bets pot with big hands and min bets with draws. Tight player checks draws bets made hands. Loose player calls all draws raises with 2 pair or better.

Pot size bets means strong hands. Quick calls are draws or weak hands. ETC.

You have to take the notes but this type of data is what you are looking for at a basic level.

Quick tip weak villains will bet the nuts very weakly if they think you may fold early in the hand. Then blast the river with huge bets. Watch for that in your player pool.

Hope this helps

:):)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For beginners will be interested in the following notes: the style of the opponent's game; the opponent's actions after the flop, turn and river; bluff; blind stealing; calling station - the main thing that the notes were simple and understandable.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't take notes because it's hard to meet the same opponents. But I'm in the Freeroll club now. So my records are based on player styles. Information is taken from the book "The Poker Mindset: Essential Attitudes for Poker Success".

Last edited:
M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its good to take note on what actions he made, and in what context.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting
The best basic notes you can take are on bet sizing.
Agg player bets pot with big hands and min bets with draws. Tight player checks draws bets made hands. Loose player calls all draws raises with 2 pair or better.
Pot size bets means strong hands. Quick calls are draws or weak hands. ETC.
You have to take the notes but this type of data is what you are looking for at a basic level.
Quick tip weak villains will bet the nuts very weakly if they think you may fold early in the hand. Then blast the river with huge bets. Watch for that in your player pool.
Hope this helps
hi hi eetenor
thanks post, i have question please
you say a quick call is a tell
i yikes now, i use the check boxes when play many tables
so perhaps i not do this, best is wait like 10-15 sec prior make a decide so i no give off a tell?

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
You have to assign a specific color to the players you compete with at a table about whether they are passive, aggressive etc.
You also have to take note of the player's game mode as being with which hand times he plays most frequently and every few tables he wins with those hands, his way of flirting, trying to steal grounds when one enters the bubble, if the player is frequent (that is if it goes to several hands trying to grab a game), since those players are more likely to pay you a rice with any hand, a situation that will help you when you have a hand, it was ferte and it will enlarge your bench at the table you play or tournament.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi eetenor
thanks post, i have question please
you say a quick call is a tell
i yikes now, i use the check boxes when play many tables
so perhaps i not do this, best is wait like 10-15 sec prior make a decide so i no give off a tell?

Thank U 4 Responding

If you act quickly when you do not have to think good players will notice.

For instance when you have a flush draw you quick call but stop to think when you have second pair

Hope this helps.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I liked my note taking when I would write on a player, gives money away, because the person was not afraid to reload again and again when they busted out of a cash game.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank U 4 Responding
If you act quickly when you do not have to think good players will notice.
For instance when you have a flush draw you quick call but stop to think when you have second pair
Hope this helps.
hi hi
yes ok ok.. makes sense - now i not going to do it so quick... plus i shall watch for this!
thanks
Hugs

freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
thanks for the tips, i will take notes and try to learn how to use this information from the players

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A few months ago, I also started making notes about players. Sometimes such notes help me make the right decision. I believe that the content of such notes should be primarily informative and easy to read.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to use color notes only. Mark everyone at the table green. EVERYTIME!!!
Once you make it to the money, mark everybody red, because they are at least as good as you.
Next time you see a red player at your table in early stages, watch his play and take additional notes. Later you will see that almost all players on the last three tables are already red :y:
If you come to the point that you make Final tables frequently, mark the players orange, or mark them orange already, when they make it frequently to the money, and the final table ones yellow. You may choose any other color, but succesful pokerplayers keep succcesful pokerplayers, and if you have a green one at the FT, you know he got there by luck or its his first time. Bet the hell out of him and see, how needy he is :secruity:
Up to Phil Hellmuth, poker knowledge is measured by success, and above all, a good pokerplayer always changes his style of playing during a Tournament :eek: