S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys

I've focussed on playing more than I have on learning the past few weeks and it hasn't been super bad, but not great either.

So I basically started learning 2 months ago, and in my first week of being in de CC FRC, i made 2 top 2 positions. I had around 37$ to play with for the first time. I felt confident due to my good finishes in the freerolls (really small sample, I know).

I built a bankroll up to 55$, and in two days i pretty much lost it all playing 5$NL a bit too much. I played above my bankroll and got a few bad beats in a roll. Tilted, and lost some more till I had 20$.

Anyway. I lost slowly for a week or two, got to 12$, and now I'm back at 22$.

Meanwhile I've been gathering some data on PT4, but I have no idea how to use it properly to track leaks.

I've been playing some SnG STT and MTT (45-90), Spin&Go, MTT (500+), Zoom cash, ... Lots of different things. I find MTT's to be the most fun, but time consuming.

So, to get to the point of my post. What advice would you give me to get back on track, learning as efficiently as possible? Don't stop at saying what seems most important to you.

So far I want to do this:
1) Start looking for leaks with PT4 (if anyone can recommend a good guide on how to use it properly)
2) If I play, stick to 1 sort of game. I feel like the playing fields in multiple games are very different, which makes it tough to make some decisions sometimes.
3) Analyse more hands. I haven't done that since july.
4) Look up more stuff about odds. Does anyone know a site where you can calculate equity? Like if I have 78s, and the flop comes 7QK rainbow. A site where I can put in his hand range to see how much equity I have.
5) Look up playable hand ranges from different positions. I feel like I play more in the button, but I don't really know for sure. Definitely might be a lead. Have to look into it.
6) Follow your posts here on CC. Makes me think about the game in a more neutral/impartial way sometimes.
7) Sites like sharkscope: Is there valuable info to be gained from there?

Probably lots of things to add to this list. If you think of something(s), do share!

See you guys around!

ps: any news on rational madman since I was gone?

F

fajki14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hey man, the best way for you to learn how to play poker is, as you already said, to focus on one playing type, i.e. sit n go, tourneys, cash game, spin and go, KO, etc... they all have different types of players but you cant learn them all at once, i recommend starting with freeroll tourneys on pokerstars and just leveling your game

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree about focusing on one or 2 types of games. I've played free or micro MTT and they seem pretty different to the sit and go's I just started playing. Different strategy is needed. I think pokerstove is a good free equity calculator. Best of luck!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands