Play in position OUT OF POSITION

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]I"m one of the only people I know that constantly posts themselves raising out of position with garbage. [/FONT]
Players don't post or discuss these types of hands and are embarrassed thinking its bad poker and usually getting outplayed

When we do put our selves in high risk situations
We learn how to get out of that corner with practiced reads and range predictions to lose minimal and outplay your opponents
Whilst winning back a losing situation
Then we can understand when and under what circumstances we WANT to be out of position and how to use it in many different ways/lines against different opponents.

Using our advantage of giving information what can we exploit

-Most Good Poker players mainly bluff in position

-First we can entice a bluff or a bet with 3rd best/draw from our positional opponent

-If we check raise all those hands are likely to fold

-check raising represents strength

-we gain a bigger pot if we check bluff rather than leading out and him folding quickly

-we act upon information differently and our position is more suited for the aggressor
as we act first
4c 5c J h flop I check
he bets a value that i read him as having a decent hand or strong draw AcKc lets say for example sake
This time i call.
Reasons -We want our best possible chance to win this pot with no cards, any raise and hes not folding.

4c 5c Jh 6d I check
Seeing as we called his flop bet and him not hittiing he may check or bet

4c 5c Jh 6d 8s I shove a nice size bet out of position
As we both have nothing for a hand
the first one to shove is gonna win

Lets pretend he didn't have AK and was bluffing you every street and was going to 3 barrel but now can't because Im already allin

But what if he had other strong hands that DID hit and lets think about possible reactions and remember stack sizing changes everything
4d 5d
AJ
JJ
j8
AA
All these monsters are likely folding 60bbs deep
30bbs and its a decision
20bbs and below are committed

So we use our reads, exploit player tendancys by allowing them to bluff is +EV
understanding which opponents are tight /loose and passive/ aggressive and how they bet with different ranges.
Board texture, bluff outs, self image and fold equity play heavily

Since he goes last he loses the bluff battles everytime
If he bets the flop technically I go first and last on the flop and first on the turn So how is this a bad thing lol -

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been awake playing poker for 48 hours straight and I am constantly multi-tabling. Sry if that ran left field

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got lost a few times in this post but I know what you are generally trying to say which is something that Gus Hansen said 15 years ago or so and that is being out of position can be an advantage because you have the first shot at bluffing. I dont quite subscribe to this but I get that it will work for a period of time. What this is contingent on though is how well your opponents know you. If they know you at all, then they will be the ones that set you up by checking a lot of turns when they have value hands enticing you to bluff the river. The same can be said about opponents who know you and how they would start to check the flop to get you bet on the turn. Your theory and Gus's will only work for a period of time until people figure you out. Then you will need to balance with good hands or change your style. In poker we usually do not get enough good hands to balance so we would need to cut down on the bluffing frequency, other wise will be picked off too much. Not totally crapping on your theory but just saying my belief is it will only work for so long if you keep running into the same opponents.