Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is your ideal way to study and improve in poker, through books or watching videos?

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Books are a great way to learn the basics, the general strategy, hand strength pot odds, what is a value bet, what is a bluff.
Videos are great to visualize the more advanced concepts like what flop boards favor the raiser's range, when is better to bet big.
I personally prefer videos because watching someone play and listening the thought process behind it is easier to memorize than reading the book and trying to understand.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What is your ideal way to study and improve in poker, through books or watching videos?

I think books are a great way to start off. I make notes and scribble all over mine. I also like YouTube. There's loads of free content out there from some top players and coaches, you do have to be careful as there is some pretty bad advice as well.
I tend to avoid streaming content in terms of learning material, because they don't have the time to put in to words their whole thought process sometimes and I wind up totally confused by their play.

Good luck at the tables!

Top 10 Games