Perfect Game?

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it ever possible to achieve perfect game of poker? I mean can anyone achieve final destination of learning and can say that he/she arrived at playing poker perfectly without any mistakes?

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that's possible. No one is or plays perfectly. There are poker players who have been playing very successfully for many years, but they too often play a hand wrong or make the wrong decision.

That is just part of it and is also a part of life in my opinion. It is important that you don't missplay too many hands and play most of them well.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that it cannot be perfect
we learn poker all our lives, but we always make mistakes and try to fix them, but others come in their place
it is an ongoing process of learning and evolution in poker and life

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They killed the last guy that was perfect. I strive to always just be short of perfect. As an aside, I have played flawless games but lost anyways.:flute:

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The game is different every time you play it. Tactics and strategies are constantly evolving. Not to mention the fact that we are playing with incomplete information, perfection in poker seems unattainable.

I am not sure you could get multiple poker players to agree what a perfect game looks like. Is it: won every bluff attempt we made, maximized every value hand through to showdown, and folded every losing hand where a bluff wouldn't have succeeded?

If that is a perfect game, then its a piece of cake.

Good luck and God bless.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you mean in terms of being mathematically perfect (as in taking ranges into account, not just the players’ actual two cards) then this is entirely possible and perhaps more common than one may think for winning online pros. (I specify online due to being way higher volume than live, which would make this goal quite a bit loftier.)

For example, if you get it all in with AA the first hand of a tournament (assuming not a weird structure that could somehow alter the correctness), then win or lose you have played a perfect game. The more you play, the more your odds of having a perfect game. Also depends on if you look to the extent of slight modifications with the exact bet sizes during the game.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Unfortunately it is impossible to achieve perfection in a game where everything can change with a bad bet. What I do believe is that you can improve every day and exceed the expectations of our game. Good luck at the tables

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sure you can, just need to see hole cards in the deck and what players have

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt it is possible. Poker is not chess where you can calculate your move in advance. In addition, there will always be mistakes and miscalculations, but they are made by less professionals.

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only Sport I have seen perfect games is on baseball hehehe.. I think it is almost impossible to do in poker for not to say it is impossible cause there are so many factors to consider and not enough time to do it, I think even for a machine is hard when is not a heads up game cause there are just too many situation many outcomes to remember the correct play at any given situation ... I think it is still a very comlpex game to do such thing a perfect game:eek:

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perfection is not part of this game. In addition to what is perfect? You can play right all the time and still not win, at the same time a person can play completely wrong and win.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if perfect, but profitable it does!
Proof of this are the professionals who are always profiting.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is always room for improvement !

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It all depends on your definition of perfect.

If your Playing a large field MTT, I would think it's very unlikely given all the spots and hands your in. Playing Heads Up, very easy to play perfect if only few hands are played.

C

chpoken

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
work on the game there is no limit to perfection

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that this is not real because the game is constantly changing and developing.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can not make a mistake when playing and still lose because of the variance. I think we can play our A game but to achieve perfection and become invincible. the dealer must be on our side throughout the game. however, had to play hundreds of hands a day for years. we improve our game and we gain experience. we know how to play each hand depending on the situation.

Top 10 Games