GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience and Discipline.

Usually most players ask: What does it take to be a good poker player? After reading and researching, in response I found: Patience and Discipline. But what kind of answer is that? Well the best one I found.

Why do you need patience?
Patience to wait for the right cards and the right time to play them.
Patience to endure a downswing
Patience for the results to arrive.

Why do you need discipline?
Discipline to play at your level due to bankroll and knowledge.
Discipline to play the number of hands you have proposed.
Discipline to play the hands following the strategy that you have proposed.
Discipline to not let yourself be carried away by emotions (tilt).
Discipline to try to improve your game every day.

In short, discipline to have a professional attitude towards poker.

PacienciaDisciplina

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, i believe in those two things as the base for a good player, plus the knowledge about the players who you´re playing against in the table, so you can learn how they play and then put your abilities to make the best play and take the pot.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I agree that patience and discipline are 2 important qualities for every poker player but I would say that the most important thing is to study constantly to improve your game...

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that patience and discipline are 2 important qualities for every poker player but I would say that the most important thing is to study constantly to improve your game...

I don't know, I think you can study til the cows come home and if you don't have the discipline to game select and work within your bankroll it doesn't matter how much you study.

8infinity8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% true. I agree with you. But still I couldn't get my head straight. I need to work on them.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good point dude. If someone asked me the same question, I would answer: Work Ethic

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it is true that it is key to have patience and discipline, but you should also study your rivals a lot at the table and how to play your cards according to occasions, so it is not only patience and discipline.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only with that...

I don't think only the patience and a rule are important, either....

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, these 2 things are important. I think you also analyze the hands played yourself. But you also have to wonder; what is my level in poker ?. Surely a possible answer to that question could be managing the bankroll well. In the long term, we want to go up, some go up a bit, others a lot.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I absolutely agree with you. I also believe that patience and discipline are two key skills for success and not just in poker. Obviously, patience and discipline will allow you to gain the necessary experience and become a successful player.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
the two most important things in poker very well said by creating these two habits at the foot of the letter you can become a good poker player I in particular have to improve quite in both aspects but above all more in patience

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree are 2 very important points in this beautiful game that every day you learn something new

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and discipline are what separates a good player from a beginner.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and discipline are most important in this game.

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline and Study

I believe discipline and patience go hand and hand. Having patience is practicing good discipline. I'll give you myself as an example. My strategy involved playing Cash games. I would play a session until I got at least one cent above my buy-in and once I did I stopped until hours later and played again. I would make $1.30 some sessions and other sessions I would pull $53.45. Some sessions I would only pull $2.40, some $5.67 but ultimately I would stay consistent. I would pull up my tracker App and see nothing but profits. Small profits but profits nonetheless. I turned a $50 bankroll into $325 involving multiple cash game sessions. That takes discipline and patience. Study however I believe is the other component. Without that, I never would have got one cent above any of those buy-ins. Good Luck! :D

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, that's right! I would also add the ability to learn and stress tolerance! Unfortunately, it's not really that romantic!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, two expressions I hear about all the time...