Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone,

This hand took place in late stages of the tournament (100ppl left out of 2700 starting)

I am wondering if the "hero" - me, could have done something different, and what would You do instead.

Also, would u rather go for check-call, if so, then why, and would You call down to the river or fold before?

Hand is in the link below :):)
http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/8429173

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you could bet flop as you did and check the turn when the flush missed, but it has the river yet so you can check with the nut flush draw. Other option is jam the flop if you put villain with worst hearts and drawing dead.

Last edited:
Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get what you are trying to say..
Do you think my fold on the river was bad, or should I have called, and maybe hoped for the best?

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, you choose to play Ah8h, opening with 3bb and got a caller from the button. I totally agree with your fold on the river considering the way you played the hand. But I'm not a huge fan of double-barelling, after calling your good bet on the flop (ok, he called, he definitelly have something; A with better kicker? set? flush draw +gutshot KhQh? 2 pairs maybe?) not to keep barelling isn't a bad idea because the size of his possible bet (or check) on the turn can give u good info about his hand, yeah this means weakness but you don't have position...

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest issue here is that, by the way hand was played, I allowed him to shove on the river with any hand. If i was in the guy's place, I would do the shove with even pocket 88, 99, and definitely with JJ, QQ.
I played the hand like a simple flush draw, and i did have a pair of aces, and should go agressive..

Was 2/3 pot raise on the turn better instead of a weak one like I did?

G

gofish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest issue here is that, by the way hand was played, I allowed him to shove on the river with any hand. If i was in the guy's place, I would do the shove with even pocket 88, 99, and definitely with JJ, QQ.
I played the hand like a simple flush draw, and i did have a pair of aces, and should go agressive..

Was 2/3 pot raise on the turn better instead of a weak one like I did?

It was a good fold. Should've checked on the turn and hope he checked/bet small on river. There were 22 combinations beating your hand. 22! Remember that. That is why it was a good fold.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually you did a good work, tryed to walk out with the max value...you could go all in on the turn but it's disputable, it could cost you finishing earlier :/ it's really a bad luck how the things worked out for you, i would feel confident on the flop too. But good fold there even tho he could be bluffing, i guess we will never know

PogHuk

PogHuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the tournament on the flop I would check, he bet, I raise. And on the turn all in.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i played this hand identically as you did i will do the same and fold.How i really would play this hand is i will not raise from the flop or the river i mean think logically if the one card of heart goes out you are the winner so you should wait with raising.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A coninuation bet is usually not wrong here, however you were taking the flush draw line, so the ace becomes irrelivant and you should have play to hit your flush not for your ace in this spot. Check and let him bet. Position is power, especially in tourneys. Good lay down most of the time. A lot beats us here as stated in other posts. GL next time

Check call is optimal here in this hand.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many players often overestimate weak aces. I believe that your actions in this hand are applicable to late position (in your case you played without position).
You have created a very uncomfortable post-flop situation, which can be easily avoided by simply making a check on the flop and thereby minimizing the loss.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A coninuation bet is usually not wrong here, however you were taking the flush draw line, so the ace becomes irrelivant and you should have play to hit your flush not for your ace in this spot. Check and let him bet. Position is power, especially in tourneys. Good lay down most of the time. A lot beats us here as stated in other posts. GL next time

Check call is optimal here in this hand.

I was thinking that Cbet is the best play here, because I can not get many better flops then this, Top pair with nut flush draw.

Now, what I was wondering, Is what hand would you put the opponent on?
If he had an AK or AQ, he can't really go check-call and shove on the river, since he is beat by such a variety of hands (so many weak aces are made into 2pair, also sets, and A2 would make a str8).
That being said, could he have had just a flush draw, and shoved since i checked on the river allowing him to shove (by showing weakness)?
Also in his position, would u check call weak aces like A2 to A5 all the way to the river?

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the hand.

You had way too many blinds to open a pot that early with trash.

I don't like your bet sizing, I thought you should have bet a lot more with top pair and the nut flush. You could have pushed out a weak ace (like you had) or it would have most likely got you a free card, maybe a showdown. I just think the flop is pot size or a check.

I think you could check the flop and see if he checks also or what sizing the villain uses, a turn check would also have given you more info and most likely saved you money.

Hind sight is 20/20, so not beating you up. I just think you played a hand that should have been in the muck, and when you played it you were wishy-washy. I would have rather you started checking to control the pot or start betting and being more aggressive with pot size bets. With around 35bb you don't want to get into marginal hands for half your stack. Take a chance and really push or keep the pot small.

Full Flush Poker