Opinions about this hand

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in this hand I am AAKING-RC on the flop the Set is completed, the player on my left does all in and I pay, I do not know if it was the best option against the situation

Attachments

• Mano.jpg
    Mano.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 65
playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think maybe you could have gotten away from it depending on if the player on left was considered loose they very much might had the str8 already or at least a combo str8 and flush draw. Set over set is a losing situation,rare but they happen, it depends on how much you will lose not if you will lose or win. Though you still would have like a 35% full house draw.... the way it played out you probably just had to go with the hand. Best of luck to you in your next game.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it's pretty a standard cooler here, top set vs middle set &/or top two; happens rarely and it's hard to get away from it, especially if one gets aggressive on the flop

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in such a situation it is impossible to throw out a card.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Too many draws out there to get away from it. Maybe if board is dry and opponent super tight you have a slim chance of getting away.

Yes folding here saves you chips on this situation but how many times here you are beat? If you fold here always you loose chips from the other times you are ahead and win hands.

I gladly stick it in here 99/100 times and live with the results.

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's hard to get away from a hand like that, the probability that my opponent has a pair of 8 is less than 2%

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that in this situation you did everything right. Here you just have no luck.
If you do not know how the opponent plays, you can hardly determine the distribution of the set against the set.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't fold here. Good call, just bad luck...

M

michael conley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not throw out 3 eights unless the person betting checks all the time . Then he probably has a flush. I bet I'd call anyway it's a tough decision either way.:aetsch:

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its your only option, and dont let this hand start spooking you to fold this spot next time. Its right that time, next time and every time after.

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice hand for top set, but in a 3 way allin he must have felt that he was beat before the cards were flipped. He also could have been up against some big draws. All in all top set got real lucky with that flop to be up against a smaller set & 2 pair.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In your situation, I probably would end up losing the stack. The only thing I would recommend is watch closely if there are draws and watch if your opponent is countering with raises and all-in, thats a sign of strength.

As well don't put your money in with trips unless there are no straight and flush possibilities.

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually put my money in when there are straight or flush possibilities. The odds are in your favor. Thats the only combination of cards he could of had to be ahead of you. The other guy called with 2 pair.

B

BenefitNL

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is something to think about

Each hand in the game can be the last depending on how many blinds you lose. It is necessary to evaluate the hand of the opponent and then the loss of chips can be reduced and accordingly lose and departure from the tournament. but no one cancelled the cooler.

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did I miss something here? at what point was the all in made? pre, post or at the river?

any which way though, I'd call it. unless i had some kind of miracle read on the guy, there's so many donks that i'd struggle to throw away any trips most of the time

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow, that's just a bad beat...nothing else but a bat beat...at least you had flopped a set too, other than that....i couldn't fold a set at post-flop if MP raised all in ...just bad luck

N

Narcotic35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard cooler. And nothing you can do. This stuff happens. I play a lot of PLO and I have started to be very cautious with middle or bottom sets.

In NLH however, other than that imagine you had KK and villain AA and the flop comes AKJ.....you call the all-in and if you get beat, well, next time you'll win.

In any case I would have been more afraid of straight/flush draws. But when villain shoves you pretty much have to call. I agree with previous posters, if you start folding here, you will be bluffed out of every single board with draws in the future.

Mexcrow

Mexcrow

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get it in almost every time. The only way I fold is if I have a read.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you fold a set here you are folding way to much and you can be easily exploited by just shoving over you on draw heavy boards.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a cooler

My friend..

Put simply, there is no getting away from that hand...very few if any players fold there - so chalk it up to experience..there is nothing really to analyse or advise..its a call/push all the way and probably twice on a sunday...

on we go!!

Good luck

JobyPoker

JobyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good play

Can't fold flopped sets, unless you can 100% pin them on a hand. And this is a draw heavy board, looks like he has a draw or 2pair. Sometimes you just run bad!

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks to all, I really felt somewhat frustrated on that occasion but that's unpredictable poker, thanks for your good comments. Concluding if you are in the same situation bet everything is difficult but most of the time you will win

MrGrace

MrGrace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look that is the flop you wanted even though you lost. The straight a bigger set like his and a flush with the board not pairing are the only things that would beat you. You just were unlucky that he hit a bigger set when player to your left went all in i would assume he had a bigger pair and pushed due to the flush showing 2 heart flop and he had no heart. You did nothing wrong in my opinion most would call if you question calls like that you will lose a lot of hands you won.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands