Online Poker Book Club

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is just a starter thread to see who might be interested.

It might require you to have amazon prime, a kindle tablet, or buy a book.

A few weeks ago I was messing around in my Amazon Fire tablet and found myself in the book section and saw that it actually has free to read poker books since I am an amazon prime member. I started with a small one that was by an amazon publisher, but noticed that they actually have Jonathan Little books that you can "rent" for free. This got me thinking about all the people that would ask about what to read when it game to poker books and I thought why don't we read them all if they are free!

My idea was to get a group of people that have access to the same book however we are able to make that work, break the books down in small parts, and then discuss what was read just like a normal book clubs except with poker books. Some people learn better in group sessions and other just need the motivation of others just to get into a book. Maybe you're just looking for another reason to social network. Whatever's clever, if this sounds like something you might be interested in let me know here and maybe we can put something together.

:2d4::3d4:

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I'm seeing a lot of views but no responses... does anyone have an idea to make it work smoother or have the right people just not viewed the post yet lol.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm seeing a lot of views but no responses... does anyone have an idea to make it work smoother or have the right people just not viewed the post yet lol.
I would gladly support you, but I do not know where to start and what to do first. I like this idea.
I very often here every day and could be of some help to you
I think you just can lead such a rubric in the club and the participants will gladly fill it with their information. the main thing is to constantly support this section to the initiator
but the most interesting would be that everyone who read books about poker, would express the most interesting moments from the books that he learned and how they help him and in the game. and so drop by drop will be an experience for other participants and beginners.
although all that is discussed in the club and there is a part of the acquired knowledge from books and game

Last edited:
Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d be interested if I could get the same books, but I don’t have Amazon Prime.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sounds definitely interesting, I also would probably participate. Well, I guess, you need to put on a schedule, until when which part of a book should be read, so it can be discussed. Also you should make a proposal to which book. Or maybe put on a poll for this with several proposals, so that the interested people can choose, which book they would like to discuss.

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I figured getting everyone access to the same book would be the hardest problem. Which is why I was seeing how many people had prime/kindle access. If that seems like it would be too difficult to get a group together, I wouldn't be opposed to buying an actual book if that is what more people are comfortable with.

Let me see what kind of public access some of these online books have and maybe there is a file I can share that will allow us to all read the same thing a lot easier.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figured getting everyone access to the same book would be the hardest problem. Which is why I was seeing how many people had prime/kindle access. If that seems like it would be too difficult to get a group together, I wouldn't be opposed to buying an actual book if that is what more people are comfortable with.

Let me see what kind of public access some of these online books have and maybe there is a file I can share that will allow us to all read the same thing a lot easier.
you can examine in detail the good points of any book, where experience has helped the player to actually learn a specific strategy or to correct his mistake in the game.
this should start with a simple one. for example, a book about the psychology of the player. Mental game of poker. Jared Tendler.
after reading the fear of the game went away and gained confidence. before there was a fear of big bets revised his behavior at the table, improved my attention to the game.
the book vividly describes how to overcome in oneself fear, uncertainty, made me move to a new level of thinking. Now he helps me and gives me strength in every game.
and so in detail you can disassemble every moment of any book and any participant will tell you what helped him out of the book

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All great ideas and I will definitely look to check out that book. Seems as though the problem will lie in getting a group of people access to the same book. In order to have a group discussion about each chapter. I don't know why I thought there would be more amazon prime or kindle people.

Me reading and writing a review is not a bad idea for a different thread though, thank you for the idea.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi LJG,
Nats still up 3-0, sounds like a great thing to do, sadly no Amazon Prime here.
I'll check back and see how it's going.

:damnmate: