Online Help

B

Benman120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on ACR and for the last month or so I have been cashing in a freeroll around once a week. I also have cashed in a few of the $100 GTD that are played nightly. But I always lose my bankroll if I go to cash. Should I just play tournaments or re-evaluate my cash game play?

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My input.

I have trouble with the cash games too. I think you want a better payout tourny so you can take home some of your winnings. Usally means you have to invest more.

D

datrolld20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you're not adjusting your game enough at the cash tables. The two games play very differently. If this is the case, read up on micro stakes strategy.

Also, if you're winning something like $1 and taking it to a 2NL game, it's really not gonna last long. It's generally suggested that you get your bankroll up to $40 before taking a stab at .01/.02 NL.

SerbiaGrinding

SerbiaGrinding

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really wanna know which freerolls you cash in on ACR. I've just signed up there and from what i saw they have a freeroll a week. Maybe two. Which freerolls are you talking about? It's like there are none. They're all private.

F

Foldemz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on ACR and for the last month or so I have been cashing in a freeroll around once a week. I also have cashed in a few of the $100 GTD that are played nightly. But I always lose my bankroll if I go to cash. Should I just play tournaments or re-evaluate my cash game play?

Hopefully you are sticking with 0.1/.02, as that is all your bankroll can likely handle if your just cashing in freerolls. The rule of thumb is to have 100 buyins for the level you are playing at, which would be $200. However, these are very low stakes so I think that number is a bit conservative. I think $50 is a fine bankroll to sit comfortable at 1 cent 2 cent.

S

ShoTyme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash and tournaments are very different games. Your style may just be better suited for tournament play. You may want to try some low stakes sit and go's and reevaluate from there. Good luck!

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2NL is a good game to start with but if you get in pots expect a lot of calls. bluffing does not work very well.

B

Benman120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Consensus seems I need to grow a bankroll to play more cash. So I'm gonna do that in the future and use winnings from on demand freerolls for low stake MTTs and maybe SitnGos. I'm also a teacher and have some time to play over the holidays so I think I'm gonna ask for a stake. Thanks for everyone's input.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you should keep playing the freeroll MTTs until you have a BR that will allow you to go cash and even then I would start at the bottom. If you are doing good in the freerolls, why don't you put a small amount of your BR into a low buy in MTT? They have a $250 GTD Mega Stack at 4:45pm for $0.50 and a $100 GTD Mega Stack for $0.55 at 5:30pm every day. GL to you.

Elivo

Elivo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now they are running plo on demands in place of the hold em games, will be like this till the end of the month.

B

Benman120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now they are running plo on demands in place of the hold em games, will be like this till the end of the month.

More motivation to ask for staking. Variance in PLO is frustrating.

Elivo

Elivo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I just tried a few plo games with the on demand free roll...didn't really like it that much

B

Benman120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 2 top 20 finishes in those freerolls also. All my eliminations have been ahead on the flop but lose.

R

RichardJoachim0420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR-Freeroll

To my knowledge, there is a freeroll starting every couple of minutes. They are only $10 for top 9 players but they are open to the public. I believe 1st place pays $2.50 and ninth gets fifty five cents, but hey its free. The games are rather loose early on but that is expected in a public freeroll.

Elivo

Elivo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There free rolls seem to have less entries than some of the other sites I've looked at recently, just have to wait till the year for the hold em games to start back up (the free rolls)

P

Poker247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a lot of difference in play between tourneys (especially low/freebuys) and cash games. If you aren't into the PLO freerolls, maybe use the next two weeks to study up on micro-cash strategy. There are some great videos and articles about micro play. I agree with above though...need to play freerolls till you get up to at least $20 before trying the cash games...and don't try to bluff much (too many calling stations at 2NL).