Online Bet Timing

D

daluby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

Do you have any theory on bet timing. What I mean is this- how long should you wait to make a bet. Does it change if a bluff or for value? Curious on all the thoughts.

P

peddy.jr.85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to vary my timing, similar to balancing your range. Sometimes quick bluffs and also quick nut hands as well as paused bluffs and paused nut/ value hands. I think possibly I miss value sometimes on the quick nut/ value hands, maybe skipping a little of the process in the sake of acting quickly. I usually make quick folds on obvious fold hands but pause for thought every time while in the BB so that even though my f2st may be high, I give the appearance of thinking about every raise into my BB even though I may be holding some 92os garbage.

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start to play 4 zoom or 10+ tournaments, there is no dufference about timing.
Exception for me is only deepruns in tours, and it depends on opponent.
In difficult situation you need to analyze stats of opp, that's time.

P

peddy.jr.85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start to play 4 zoom or 10+ tournaments, there is no dufference about timing.
Exception for me is only deepruns in tours, and it depends on opponent.
In difficult situation you need to analyze stats of opp, that's time.

I buy that. I have noticed players who multitable cash and warrant no significance to their timing because they are playing so many tables. I am a small-time multitabler then. I find I do best in 4 tourneys. More, I lose concentration at times, less and I get bored.

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I buy that. I have noticed players who multitable cash and warrant no significance to their timing because they are playing so many tables. I am a small-time multitabler then. I find I do best in 4 tourneys. More, I lose concentration at times, less and I get bored.

I usually play 4-6 tours, it's optimal for my monitor )))
Only problem - one moment you don't register new tours and play just 3, then 2, then 1.... and boring.
That's why low level spin'n'go are so popular :D

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything can be a tell. I go with my gut.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet timing means nothing from me. Sometimes I'm distracted. I may bet quickly if I already know my action. Sometimes I think I hit the button and it doesn't click so it beeps at me. At the times I'm just waiting to fold. Once in a while I'm picking my nose. I honestly don't put a lot I'd thought into it. I'm either way ahead or bluffing all the way down to the river. Sometimes I'm stalling.

D

daluby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to vary my timing, similar to balancing your range. Sometimes quick bluffs and also quick nut hands as well as paused bluffs and paused nut/ value hands. I think possibly I miss value sometimes on the quick nut/ value hands, maybe skipping a little of the process in the sake of acting quickly. I usually make quick folds on obvious fold hands but pause for thought every time while in the BB so that even though my f2st may be high, I give the appearance of thinking about every raise into my BB even though I may be holding some 92os garbage.
Interesting thoughts, thank you