- Play hands that play well multi-way
- A2, A3, 23 are really the only good starting combinations when playing for low.
- Draw to the nuts & bet your draws.
- Bet with the high on lock, check and call with the low. If you have just a low, consider mucking if there's a lot of action & the pot is small.
In this game, you lose a lot of your money by getting quartered with just the nut low. If you have a decent hand that plays both ways (nut low + trips or better) you should probably be putting a lot of money in the pot.
One of the most profitable situations in the game is when you have the high on lock, and you have several opponents drawing to a low hand.
- I don't consider myself good at O8, I just know enough to make a small profit & get to the stud rounds when playing HORSE.