Omaha High-Low, for low-limit players.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you ever read the book: Omaha High-Low, for low-limit players. By Bill Boston.

I just bought the book and started studying it.

Do you know the book and is it still good or has it been outdated?

B

BenAWhile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say Boston's book is okay, but I think Jeff Hwang's section on limit Omaha-8 in "Pot Limit omaha poker" is better. Hwang's book covers PLO high, PLO-8, and limit O8 and I think it's a must-have for Omaha players.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent, i will see if i can get my hands on that book.

I liked Bill Bostons book very much. It made me understood, what is a good hand and what is not. The book has helped me a lot playing Omaha Hi/lo.

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say Boston's book is okay, but I think Jeff Hwang's section on limit Omaha-8 in "Pot Limit Omaha Poker" is better. Hwang's book covers PLO high, PLO-8, and limit O8 and I think it's a must-have for Omaha players.

I totally agree with you. Hwang's book is the current bible in print on omaha. I thought I was knowledgeable on the subject before I read it, and I quickly learned how much I did not know. A must read for anyone interested in the game of the future, omaha.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Omaha hi low is my favorite forum of poker :)

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Omaha Hi/Lo I think I should try to get some of this books and read about the game. I play it here and there, just for fun, but some basics wont hurt and will help me get better at it.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say Boston's book is okay, but I think Jeff Hwang's section on limit Omaha-8 in "Pot Limit Omaha Poker" is better. Hwang's book covers PLO high, PLO-8, and limit O8 and I think it's a must-have for Omaha players.

I found Jeff Hwangs book "Pot Limit Omaha Poker" on Amazon, it is in the pipeline and scheduled to show up i a week or two. :)