Omaha full house?

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so im a not totally new to omaha hi, but i am a newbie. im wondering exactly how you get a full house. if you have lets say KK and the flop, turn and river is 2 7 10 K 5 5, do you have a full house? Or would your hole cards have to be K5 to have the full house?

cuz one time i had 66 and the flop turn and river was 3 8 6 8 A and i lost the hand because someone had a flush and the site said i showed 3 of a kind sixes and lost. how did i not have a full house? someone please help explain this please.

U

Ultrazord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your first example has 6 cards on the board....not sure what you're going at, but 66 in the hole with 6 8 8 X X is a boat

Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You probably misread the board. If I had to guess, you held a hand like 6XXX and the board was 66554 or something of that sort.

Just keep in mind, you always have to use 2 from your hand, and 3 from the board.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok so im a not totally new to omaha hi, but i am a newbie. im wondering exactly how you get a full house. if you have lets say KK and the flop, turn and river is 2 7 10 K 5 5, do you have a full house? Or would your hole cards have to be K5 to have the full house?

cuz one time i had 66 and the flop turn and river was 3 8 6 8 A and i lost the hand because someone had a flush and the site said i showed 3 of a kind sixes and lost. how did i not have a full house? someone please help explain this please.

In the 2nd example, you must be mistaken. Do you have a hand history by any chance?

Getting back to the first example. Yes, you typed in 6 cards there. I am going to make this example 7 10 K 5 5. If you have KK, you have a boat. If you have K5, you also have a boat. Big difference though. With KK you have Kings full of 5s. The only hand that can beat you is quad 5s. If you have K5, then you have 5s full of Ks. Someone with a pair of 7s or 10s in the hole could beat your boat with a better one.

J

jakub269

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Same happend to me, on pokerstars, Board was K55XX, i had KKXX as hole cards, i went All in, and lost to a guy with flush. I was like wtf dude? I thought i missed something about omaha rules but now having read your replies, im even more like WTF?! Same happend to me just now, I had 9109X as hole cards, flop came J9Jxx, I went All in and lost to a guy with flush! Log said I had there of a kind(nines), when really i should of have a Boat...wtf? Am i missing something? Or is pokerstars rigged?

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
From all the Omaha that I play all day, it never happens to me on pokerstars.

Could be the opponent had a str8 flush or you misread the hand.