my strategy is to play hands that can always bring + EV

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Kevin,

I've just started to really dig deep into Omaha and I've been reading a book that is completely blowing my mind, called Pot-Limit Omaha Poker: The big Play Strategy by Jeff Hwang. After reading pokerplayers posts, they basically say it's the bible of PLO, like Super System 2 of Doyle Brunson is for NL. Mind you, this book is 325 pages without any repeating- and long-winding information.
There's a chapter dedicated to starting and paraphasing the PLO bible as a complete noob would definetely not do it justice. He weighs heavy on "every hand is a drawing hand, including AA hands". There are many different types of starting hands and you will not know how effective they will be unless you see a flop, much more so than NL.
Like I said, I'm still a noob and if I was 3 months deep in this material I would be able to offer you better advice. All I can tell you is to read that book like I'm doing now and you will have an answer to your question.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO -LIMIT O OR O8?

what is the best strategy of holecards in omaha poker game

The best starting hands make the nuts by the river Axsuited AK straights J1098 J high straights etc

Low pairs suck 44 55 bigger sets often happen

Make sure all four cards play well together.

Omaha is a river game not a preflop game

Hope this helps

:):)

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A dream hand in my opinion would be like 9 10 J Q double suited or anything similar, if the flop is anywhere near you should have a hand plus outs to better hands. Playing pairs like AA54 is not good.. you almost have no redraw value and are only playing the 1 pair most of the time, Unless its suited with 2 nut flush draws.

Ygtszksn

Ygtszksn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to learn omaha hi lo too , and watching and reading. Its like holdem poker so have sae strategy.. u need to wait hand :)

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a novice, it is not enough just to listen to your intuition. There is a certain Omaha poker tactic that needs to be followed in order for the game to become profitable.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I can tell you that hands like a pair of aces or kings can really ruin your stack if the flop has little different cards. if after that at you is a lot of pressure, without regret throw. of course it can be a bluff, but without showdown do not know, you need to follow the players. if on the turn you have collected a minimum of two pairs, the safest course would be to stop fighting.
good luck at the tables