**Official Micro Stakes Madness 5NL,10NL,25NL Focus Group**

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a little place for us micro stakes players to come together and discuss strategy, hang out together and maybe organise some sweats between us or group sweats. Also maybe discuss the odd hand if its a very tricky one but this should be still done in the hand analysis section please.

I realise now that there are about half a dozen micro stakes players, myself, Sindri, Enty, Shrog, Inscore.
So if you are a micro stakes player and have a topic to discuss or want to discuss some strategy we can do it amongst other micro stakes players so you don't feel embarrassed in front of higher stakes players.

Also we would urge other members who play these stakes to get involved as the more players to discuss strategy the better.

So tell me what you think of the idea and get discussing!

Last edited:
eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never feel embarrassed talking to higher stakes players :eek:

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good idea, btw im micro stakes as well :eek:

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good stuff Jake, I'm sure there are some higher stake players here who will make some appearances when required, I know I will ;)

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks coach ;) ! already booming this thread with 7 posts! better than matched betting IMO haha jokes!

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
although i won't be taking part, good idea for a thread dude

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea ill help out with this as well.

Moving this to learning poker as well, if it is successful ill sticky it.

Edit : There will be a more suitable home for this in the next week or so.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

depending on the content you mean Liam?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

do u mean new forums?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok first topic I would like to discuss is 3betting sizing pre flop which you guys use.

Say villian makes it 3BB/4BB pre flop what are we 3betting him to ?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably renaming of sections maybe!

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A micro thread, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok first topic I would like to discuss is 3betting sizing pre flop which you guys use.

10-12bb seems standard to me but it really depends on a lot of things

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Depending on player and postion obvs.
Against a 54/33 fish with 50% fold to 3bet raising 4BB from the CO and im SB with QQ i might raise it up to 20BB because i know he will probably call.
But same scenerio against a 22/18 im probably going with 12BB...

Think the question is to vague tbh.

Great idea for a thread btw.

ps.
Those of u who made silver playing 10 or 25NL how much of diffrence did i make in your profits the next month?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so you dont have a standard 3x villians raise in position and 3.5x villians raise and adjust accordingly depending on player types?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so you dont have a standard 3x villians raise in position and 3.5x villians raise and adjust accordingly depending on player types?
Yes mostly player depended for me.
Raise more OOP.
Raise more against worse players cause they will call more.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok sindri be interesting what others are raising, Im not really sure about my 3bet sizes and if they are correct or not.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many considerations before 3betting and getting the correct betsize is often not planed out. Are you 3betting for value, as a bluff, squeezing etc etc. Villains tendancies will also have a contributing factor in this as well, ie fold to 3bet %. When I'm 3betting the main consideration for me regarding bet sizing is whether im i/p or oop. I usually add a couple of BB's on to the size of the bet if I'm oop as it's more difficult for us to play oop.

I'm also wary of pricing in setminers, especially in FR. So for that reason my standard 3bet size v one villain will be, i/p will be 12-14BB's, and 14-16BB oop (assuming a standard 2bet raise). I will vary this betsize based on other factors, how many cold callers, villains tendancies etc as has been previoulsy mentioned.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those of u who made silver playing 10 or 25NL how much of diffrence did i make in your profits the next month?

Oh, me too, me too! I want the answerz to this!

(Prob trying for Silver in Feb.)

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Count me in. I don't have my high roller status at the moment.

Ok about 3betting, it's very important to understand the concept of 3 betting before moving up. Now I'm not sure if we are talking about 6 max or 9 but I'm assuming it's 9. The 3bet size like jagsti already has mentioned depends on the following: in position or oop/ type of player we are up against/ and last but not least the intention of our 3 bet.

Out of position I'm more inclined to make my 3bet 4x if I have AA/KK and possibly with Qs I would make it about 3 or sometimes 3.5 and knowing nobody will really catch on to this at this level helps. As for in position its usually always 3x to 3.5. Oh and this is if we are up against decent players. As for fish who we got most of our money from, depending on their tendencies if they call my 3 bets a lot its usually not a bad idea to make it 5-6 times and sometimes maybe even shove to mix it up.

And last most important thing is the intention of our 3-bet, it's very profitable and to balance your range to 3-bet people with weaker mediocre hands but you have to always consider the person you are 3-betting, I usually don't make squeeze plays at the beginning until I know how the player plays post flop, once I have a better understanding and know I can out play the fishy post flop then I will make that kind of play.
The reason this play is so profitable is because you have so many ways to win the hand when you are in position, you may hit a straight, a set, two pair or w/e and the villain may think the flop is dry when it actually hit you and play back at you, or if for example A hits and you can c-bet and take it down, of course sometimes the villain might his hand and you have to know when to fold. At this level I don't think you have to worry about people floating you in 3 bet pots (they may be chasing a draw or something but a lot of times they don't intend to bluff you) so therefore if you get called after you double barrel it's usually safe to assume your 3rd one will get called too (unless you know villain was chasing a draw and missed it) so 3 barrel bluffing on this level is not that great of an idea but thats just my opinion. I personally like just bet bet bet for value and make fishies pay off.

SystEmsuX

SystEmsuX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10NL re-PRUH-sentin'!

I thought micro stakes included everything less than or equal to 50NL. But no matter.

Also, I don't feel embarrassed talking to higher stakes players. Should I? How dare you instill a psychologically crippling self-consciousness in me!