Odd betting situation

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, odd question. I have seen 2 people, maybe more, but they probably got beat and knew it, where they were raising with low cards. One person raised with 57 suited when 2 other people were doing raise and reraise. They ended up beating me. I had AK and was just calling, as these 2 were pretty much always raising and reraising ok cards. I had 2 pair, with 5s on the board. The cards were all low except my K, so I played with the idea the person had high cards. The next time I saw this was on ACR and person raised and ended up with a straight. He raised 84 os a pretty decent raise. The person he beat had a pair of QQs. Is this only in micro/free, or is this becoming a trend in bigger games?

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, odd question. I have seen 2 people, maybe more, but they probably got beat and knew it, where they were raising with low cards. One person raised with 57 suited when 2 other people were doing raise and reraise. They ended up beating me. I had AK and was just calling, as these 2 were pretty much always raising and reraising ok cards. I had 2 pair, with 5s on the board. The cards were all low except my K, so I played with the idea the person had high cards. The next time I saw this was on ACR and person raised and ended up with a straight. He raised 84 os a pretty decent raise. The person he beat had a pair of QQs. Is this only in micro/free, or is this becoming a trend in bigger games?

Pot with 3+ player has a lot of varience. Preflop premium range has ~50% and same on the flop with K, but another two players have ~30% eqity and win 1/3 of same spots.Low limit we saw a lot Showdown because players don't see fold button and loose 2/3 and sometimes win 1/3. You need feeling and increase fold equity by pushing pre or flop. Or play more passively without nuts.

Attachments

• Q1_pre.JPG
    Q1_pre.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Q1_turn.JPG
    Q1_turn.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 14
D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

They could also be playing the person regardless of their actual hand, AKA being exploited. If you fold to a 3bet over 80% of the time I will 3bet you regardless of my cards as it is a profitable position. To counter this you need to either tighten your opening range or 4 bet more.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They could also be playing the person regardless of their actual hand, AKA being exploited. If you fold to a 3bet over 80% of the time I will 3bet you regardless of my cards as it is a profitable position. To counter this you need to either tighten your opening range or 4 bet more.

The 75 guy was one that I was playing with a pretty strong hand. The other fellow I was already folded by the time it got to him. I forgot the hand, but it was too weak for me to play 6 handed.

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 75 guy was one that I was playing with a pretty strong hand. The other fellow I was already folded by the time it got to him. I forgot the hand, but it was too weak for me to play 6 handed.
The most important understanding of bet sizing is to control your opponent's pre range. You should 2-bet, 3-bet, 4-bet to narrow his range and make an expensive mistake.
Our task is to prevent 75 to see the flop cheap. Color the weak players that you see at showdowns and bet against them a little higher than what you usually do. For example, if you open 2.5bb and he calls, next time open 3.5bb. Don't forget to overbet the flop. Play any two against him in position and bet allin on the flop after checking on any board.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator