O8... thoughts??

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am and always will be a NLH poker player, that is where my roots lie. From online poker i have been introduced to the game of Omaha high low or also known as O8- Omaha 8 or better. I play this game as often as I can because I absolutely love it. It is such a fascinating game to me. So much going on, and its not just like Omaha hi, it is a totally different beast. In this game on the river you can play a high hand and a low hand, the low is anywhere from a-8. It can be a every forgiving game if you don't happen to make your high hand and your left with a good low to play or often any low if heads up could be good. I love this game, there is so much thought in it and the overall goal is to play hands that scoop pots, scoop is to win both the high and the low. Scooping a hand can be difficult but when you do so the pot is usually huge by the river. I am still very new to this game but it is growing on me and i am starting to really love it. What are you thoughts on the game?? Have you had much success playing it? where do you find the best 08 games online??

Last edited:
Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play Omaha hi/lo on pokerstars, there are a lot of different games at different limits, there is a standard and turbo structure, unlimited, pot limit and fixed limits. Previously, five years ago in Omaha hi/lo played a few people in the tournament barely recruited a hundred people, now recruited up to three hundred people, and it's good, this game is developing.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
omaha hi/lo is my 2nd favorite right up there with horse as a close 3rd. i tend to play the most at carbon in the 3.50 sngs. i rarely play omaha hi mtts though. i really enjoy the variety and the different type of logic and calculations you need to use compared to nlhe.

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I always go into the river favourite yet somehow always lose

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
No one loves O8 more than me.

Pokerstars has the most games but also has the tougher fields.

If you like mtt or sng Pokerstars has the widest variety of buy in and the most games. You can find a game one round the clock. There is so much variation as well no limit, pot limited, limit, 5 card, Courchevel and KO games.

If you are cash game player I suggest a smaller site although there will be less traffic the competition will be far less. A site like Betonline or betfair

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one loves O8 more than me.

Pokerstars has the most games but also has the tougher fields.

If you like mtt or sng Pokerstars has the widest variety of buy in and the most games. You can find a game one round the clock. There is so much variation as well no limit, pot limited, limit, 5 card, Courchevel and KO games.

If you are cash game player I suggest a smaller site although there will be less traffic the competition will be far less. A site like Betonline or Betfair

Yes Pokerstars is always on top for game selection i find, it is just that the players there are always fairly good and in this case they might all be better than me. I have been playing a little bit on partypoker but I will try Pokerstars out for sure, 888 has a couple decent o8 tourneys a day ( usually NL) and I find myself partaking in those, there very fun, although I haven't taken one down or even got in the money yet. Thanks for the suggestions and good luck!

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
O8 is an awesome game. I find the games at betonline, intertops, and ACR pretty good. Betonline and ACR being the softest.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
Sounds interesting
Will surely check it out
Have always played Omaha live cash games.

It’s an amazing game.
You can win big or lose big after the river is dealt.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I am and always will be a NLH poker player, that is where my roots lie. From online poker i have been introduced to the game of Omaha high low or also known as O8- Omaha 8 or better. I play this game as often as I can because I absolutely love it. It is such a fascinating game to me. So much going on, and its not just like Omaha hi, it is a totally different beast. In this game on the river you can play a high hand and a low hand, the low is anywhere from a-8. It can be a every forgiving game if you don't happen to make your high hand and your left with a good low to play or often any low if heads up could be good. I love this game, there is so much thought in it and the overall goal is to play hands that scoop pots, scoop is to win both the high and the low. Scooping a hand can be difficult but when you do so the pot is usually huge by the river. I am still very new to this game but it is growing on me and i am starting to really love it. What are you thoughts on the game?? Have you had much success playing it? where do you find the best 08 games online??

I'm mainly a NLHE player but have been learning O8 for the last couple of years and more recently it's the game I have been playing the most.

Anything can happen on the river, had these 2 in the last 2 days, and many many more fun hands, and many times frustrating hands

f0f8fad9efddf81e34da6f573a9b3fad.png

83b015225c2c0c1605a88172c9e6c203.png

:bandit:​

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm mainly a NLHE player but have been learning O8 for the last couple of years and more recently it's the game I have been playing the most.

Anything can happen on the river, had these 2 in the last 2 days, and many many more fun hands, and many times frustrating hands

f0f8fad9efddf81e34da6f573a9b3fad.png

83b015225c2c0c1605a88172c9e6c203.png

:bandit:​

Oh wow, impressive. those are some real nice hands. The royal was just a beauty spot, i'm surprised the second biggest hand was A10. Such a great game though, even though you had the nuts with the straight flush the A2 showed up for half the pot, this game has me loving A2 as in NLH its just a fold on many occasions.