Numbers or images?

M

mrpolyglott

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there, guys!:)
I've recently been thinking about such topic as probability in poker and discovered that there are more chances to hit the flop with number cards (e.g. 2-10) than picture cards (e.g. J,Q,K,A) cause there are more numbers in the deck. What's ur personal opinion on this very topic? What do u prefer more: pictures or numbers? :rolleyes:

LeonardBuda

LeonardBuda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is that if you hit your number and I hit my image, you're out...

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the 21st century, the photo is much more relevant!

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the images, and for the card that connects the most on the board (also the flop) is 3, at least 4 out of 10 times you will see a 3 on the board. Also what you say is quite obvious, because there are more numbers than pictures, 36 cards with numbers from 2 to 10 and from J to A are 16, it is quite logical that numbers connect more

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well T9s, 89s is alot better than QJo/KJo/KQo for 3 bet for cold call for example. So here I prefer numbers. But I hope that's not a serious question actually.

M

mrpolyglott

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it isn't, nowever I'd like to hear your own opinion cause the info about quite a repetetive appearance of 3 on the deck is a brand new info for me that's why I'm going to pay more attantion to ma hand when there is a three in it.

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is more chance of seeing a number, but it depends if it's *your* number. It's all well and good getting 3 numbers show on the flop, but you have the same chance of missing as someone holding two picture cards (about two thirds of the time)

charlie2013

charlie2013

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have to know how to play with both hands my friend ;)
cheers

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems a bit of an odd question. I don't usually play the lower cards. If I did, and I paired the flop then I'd be in a difficult position. I'd have a hand, but probably a losing hand.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It depends, for straight of course is better and will kill any AAA or KKK, other than straights the JQKA are better as pairs or tri. :deal:

F

forfiter47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well big pairs and hands like AK, AQ etc are good in heads up in raised pot, suited connectors are nice to play from late position if you can see the flop cheap

M

mrpolyglott

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still there is a possibility to hit your trips or set on a flop and continue squeezing money out of your opponents, however cances are low. I would say there aren't bad cards, there are bad players. We were playing yesterday with my friends and there was 3 club cards flop, I had 68 of hearts and raised quite a sum of money so everyoned folded, took the bank with NOTHING!

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
J = 11
Q = 12
K = 13
A = 14

There are 13 cards per suit and since one doesn't exist A is 14 even though it's 13 cards.

I know you were trying to be funny, but really I didn't laugh...

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey there, guys!:)
I've recently been thinking about such topic as probability in poker and discovered that there are more chances to hit the flop with number cards (e.g. 2-10) than picture cards (e.g. J,Q,K,A) cause there are more numbers in the deck. What's ur personal opinion on this very topic? What do u prefer more: pictures or numbers? :rolleyes:

But..... The problem here is that you most likely to have a better hand if you hit face cards over your number cards.

Yes you have more chances to hit but... on the long run, do you also have more chances to win with this hands?

reyand14

reyand14

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pictures cause its probably a high combination about numbers