• Thread starter This Fish Chums
  • Start date
This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When taking notes, what kinds of things do you make notes about and how do you quickly annotate them for future reference without having to read a dissertation to find out how someone plays?
Here’s the kind of notes I like to take.

• Folds SB (They fold their small blinds so they are likely only going to bet or call when they have a good hand.)
  • Bluffs allin (Not only do they bluff, but when they bluff they go allin. Odds are if they bet less than allin they aren’t bluffing).
  • Bets for calls (When this person bets they have a good hand and are trying to leach chips off you with a call).
  • Bets for folds (When they bet they are trying to make you fold because they don’t want you in the hand anymore.
  • Thinks I Bluff / Knows I bluff (so don’t try bluffing them anymore).
  • [Color Coding for Aggression Caution]: There are three things I track to determine if I need to be careful and/or avoid being aggressive toward a particular player. I color code players based on those three things.

1. Do they bluff? If so, they may push you out on the river.
  2. Do they trap? If so you can’t be overly aggressive or they will take your chips.
  3. Do they chase? If so, you risk them catching their cards and sucking out by the river.

• One of the above and I mark them Yellow for be cautious.
  • Two of the above and I mark the as Orange for don’t try to be overly aggressive.
  • All three and I mark them as Red and limp/call only against them, unless I have a monster hand.