Notes on a player

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do any of you all, ever take notes on a player or player?
For me, I do when I am at the final table. So, I know who the better players are....
Just wondering if they tag me, too.... Lol...

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If the player plays non-standard, then yes, I constantly take notes

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn, I never thought of that... I will do as you do, with different play from normal.... Thx, for the good info...

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I train my brain to gain constant reads on all players on the table.

There is something that my method allows that note-takers can't achieve, I read how people respond to INDIVIDUALS. Some people are more aggro to me individually preflop if I'm playing very tight and on the blinds, so I loosen up my starting hands if I notice it's just them and me or very few people. This is why I like cash games more than tournaments, because you are free to fold in all situations where no good read is had on the opponent.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok.... Time to start trying to remember up to 9 other players?? If so, it must take practice....

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making records on opponents is one of the many basics of poker, if you want to win.

C

CHILOWWW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Partner if you do not have good memory is good because there are many aggressive players that need to be marked to take into account when we play against them and already know the behavior of the player who was marked

WOLF55555

WOLF55555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just notice what players like playing. And accordingly use this information.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I take notes, both in the poker client and in the HM2 during the analysis of my sessions

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yea I take notes.

I will note what you see people are raising UTG... And what people will go to showdown with, there are some people who are willing to call all streets just because they have 22 in their hand despite the board beaten them with a lot of combos :D