No way out

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting hand from my home game last night I thought I would share with you guys and see what you think.

I doubt anyone would do anything different but I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will get a kick out of it.

So we play 6 players at the table and in the small blind I'm dealt 99

First two players to play fold and the 3rd raises to 3x the big blind

Another fold and I call the raise followed by a fold from the big blind

Flop is 9 9 3 all different suits

Original raiser bets about half the pot and I reraise to half the pot in total

Raiser instantly goes all in and of course I call instantly

Raiser turns over 10 10

And I watch in disbelief as yes you have probably guessed it turn 10 River 10

Not much I could do but say nice hand and get another beer but thought I would share as I have been reading a lot of "rigged" posts since I joined and thought you guys might like to have a laugh at the amazing luck I had and then lost in the turn of two cards

Good luck out there on the tables everyone

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally rigged.:p
Personally I find it astounding how unlikely something like that happening actually is. With only 52 cards...
You know I've never even seen that. Worst I had is villain needed 2 cards out of 3 on turn and river.
On the bright side: you have the king of bad beat stories now ^^

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have never raised the flop bet. You had the stone nuts, no need to raise. Simple call and let them build the pot, most of the time they would have nothing in their hand to continue to play. The goal here is to try to get all your chips in (which you did cause they had an over pair) but most of the time no one would have anything to go with that board. Results really don't matter as the correct play was to get all your chips in. I would take that hand every hand lol.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On that flop you were probably thinking about Vegas and the f***ingMirage

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently, this often happens at the tables...I saw this for myself...

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did you take a bathroom break in the moments before the hand? I once did and flopped a royal flush on the next hand - all my friends insta-folded to a minimum bet. Of course, that was a joke, which is a different sort of fix.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was already mentioned before but just to reiterate, you don't need to re-raise the flop bet. You have the best hand at the point so rather than trying to make him fold you want v to put as much money into the pot as possible. If you just call there he is more likely to put more money hands because to most players calling would signify a weaker hand. You were lucky he shoved (but unlucky with the 10s) but for future reference just pay attention to that. Also don't get too caught up in the outcome of the hand as much as how you played it. Short term memory of bad results will help you advance in poker a lot more than trying to find out if every hand is rigged or not, you can't win every hand even with a monster hand, you just need to accept that and move on to the next hand

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as its statistically possible, it will eventually happen.

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the comments guys especially the one's about the reraise on the flop as it has already taught me something and I'm here to learn

Good luck out there

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow. This would be going through my head quite a few times trying to figure out a solution. So messed up

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is only variance, they are hands that one time they will touch us, whether for or against

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why Didn't you use the Hand Converter Cardschat? Many people might mistake this for science fiction.