Nl2 to nl5

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I have been playing nl2 for few weeks, I moved from stars to GG (at least for now, they had nice promo) but there is no nl2 on GG, nl5 is minimum ( there is nl2 as fast fold version). What can I expect i n the "circus", is everything still applicable from nl2? GG said to be with more soft players.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While I don't have experience with NL5 on GG, generally everything is still applicable -- it's just that you face fewer weak opponents and more regulars as you move up in buyin. If you're comfortable exploiting recreational opponents as well as battling against regs, there's no one specific skill you would need to learn when moving to NL5 on GG.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While I generally agree with Collin in that moving up in stakes usually causes you to see fewer weak opponents and more regulars, remember that this effect will be diluted some due to that there is not a lower level for those weaker opponents to play in.

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I don't have experience with NL5 on GG, generally everything is still applicable -- it's just that you face fewer weak opponents and more regulars as you move up in buyin. If you're comfortable exploiting recreational opponents as well as battling against regs, there's no one specific skill you would need to learn when moving to NL5 on GG.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

It goes but i don't think this is my cup of tea. I will switch more to SNG and MTT. I will start looking more into sng and mtt strategies.
Can you give me some tips, i already started here the 30 day curse but some general advice is always welcome.