new to studying poker

T

tacochip2600

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear a lot about studying poker and your play, my question is how does one do so? I do have PT4 but not sure how to teach myself to get better off of that.

What is the first thing you do to study your play? What I guess i'm saying is that if I made a decision in real time I belived it to be the best play, how can I cross check that?

Any other recommendations on how/when to study?

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well first find your aggressiveness, also a lot of patience. Try to never risk your stack. Practice is the only true way to get better, its a program that your brain will either wrap around or you may just get lucky once an a while. Best on the Felts!!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am trying to learn and improve the game by watching videos on youtube and reading books. For example, during this year I read two interesting books: Ed Miller "Texas Holdem for beginners", Andrew Seidman "The Easy Game".

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Worth watching video games where world-class players are at the table. And try to understand their strategy. This is another method that will allow you to learn how to play poker well and look at professional bluffs. After all, it is not a secret that many masters won tournaments not because they had the highest combination in their hands, but only because of their ability to make the opponent believe it.