New Player Looking for Guidance

L

Leroy12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
New player looking for guidance. I have been watching Everything Poker School and am On Episode 2.3. I watch then go play some on Play Money. I am catching on and improving each session. Being new and having competed my whole life shooting pigeons and clays I understand the best route is getting proper coaching from the best coach. I see how the people play there with no mindset at all. I occasionally find a table of people who are trying to play in a proper manner as I am and it is enjoyable as I learn something from these games and am able to apply what I have learned in the lessons. What is the next step to go to small money games with serious players, Bravado site perhaps as I am in Louisiana and it appears we are limited to 4 or 5 online sites? I wonder how long to stick to the play money thing. I have no idea what free rolls are or what sit and go is. I know this is old hat to y’all and am sure y’all have been asked this question a lot. As I said I don’t know anything and have only been at this for a few weeks so thanks in advance for your advice!👍

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately a lot of online poker games you find the same thing, people going all in with junk, not just play money or freerolls.

Depending on where you can play, this site offers some freerolls where you can get a bit of cash. They are usually not as crazy as open freerolls. Freerolls are simple a tournament that free to play and offers a cash prize.

Sit and gos are one table tournament, usually 6-9 players with top 2-3 cashing.

Also CC offers a league which uses play money with some prizes from CC. Oh CC is CardsChat. You’ll find a much more normal game there.

Also check out the strategy articles in the top left under Menu for more information. You can never have too much.

Good luck and stay active.