re: Poker & New to the Game - Attempting an Ultra-Fast Rise, Advice
Originally Posted by bz54321
I want this to work for you. Good Luck.
Have you ever mastered anything in 3 months?
How often do you gamble? Whats the biggest gamble you have taken?
Why will you be better than the other people already doing this?
How long do you think it took them to be able to do what you want to do?
Do you think people already doing it ever lose there roll?
Is there some reason you think it will be easy to take money from people who all want to take your money?
How much do you love playing games?
Are you thinking it will be anything like the free games you have been playing?
And a million more questions after that just to start. Do you think you could answer a million of these kind of questions in 3 months?
There is a lot of variables I dont think you are taking into account.
Awesome Post - I'll do my best
1) I would relate it to weight lifting. After years of ineffective, on/off lifting I recently got serious about it, studied and implemented and transformed my scrawny ass by gaining 20 lbs of muscle in about two months and reducing bodyfat %
2) Do not gamble. I view poker as a skill to be mastered. Biggest Risk - will be pursuing this instead of opting for the easy-out Mechanical Engineering Job.
3) Because of time put into the game, dedication, study. No drinking or tilting and other bullshit
4) I think I am trying to do what takes most people 2-3 years, in 3 months.
5) Depends on the individual. Most likely yes, depends on BR management and life situations that come up.
6) I think there are enough fish out there
7) I like playing poker more than any other money-producing activity i can think of
8)Nope. I am done playing freerolls, I don't think I'm getting much value from them.
9) Hell yea! hopefully I will be able to answer far more and far more accurately