Need suggestion on strategy and poker rooms

A

AdiGB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys :wavey:,

I've been playing poker for almost 5 years (recreational) - mostly on-line; starting with mid 2016 I'm also playing local-national live tourneys (and micro-cash games with friends)

Since now I'm having some spare time , I'd like to take it seriously and get to a higher level - that's why I need your help!

1) where and what to study (I'd like to focus on live tourneys ~ 80% of times - low-mid buy-ins)
2) what poker rooms would you recommend (for the rest of 20%)

Thanks in advance
Adrian

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a lot of practice, read forums and play with fake money.

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys :wavey:,

I've been playing poker for almost 5 years (recreational) - mostly on-line; starting with mid 2016 I'm also playing local-national live tourneys (and micro-cash games with friends)

Since now I'm having some spare time , I'd like to take it seriously and get to a higher level - that's why I need your help!

1) where and what to study (I'd like to focus on live tourneys ~ 80% of times - low-mid buy-ins)
2) what poker rooms would you recommend (for the rest of 20%)

Thanks in advance
Adrian
Well important info to even begin answering that would be where you live as that will dictate what your choices are for playing. I think for myself is like to start watching some better players. I really have no idea what twitch is but have heard you can watch some players there. I think that is best way for me to get better. There is also lots of strategy sections on this forum that are very helpful.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you want, if you want to invest, do a coaching with a professional. If you do not look for courses online, read books, watch professional players, find your style and focus on it. good luck

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't want to spend any money on learning poker i suggest you to watch the pros playing/streaming on twitch.tv you can learn a lot of them. There are also some online books you can read, online courses you can take. On the other side if you want to spend some money and learn poker with a coach you should visit some of the pages that offers you learning online with coach.

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pay a poker course, there are several with good content, always start under and control your bankrool.

Digitaljesus1

Digitaljesus1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should watch poker streams on twitch that is the best way. Also, always keep in mind that playing live with friends and playing online are two very different types of poker - dont mix it up. Besides this, try to find some online written guides for poker hands, that is always useful.